Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
135m is still the price,we are not going to sell him on the cheap injured or not,only got till the 2nd sept before they crawl back under their stone

They're offering him a 6 year/72 month deal and he's going to miss 4-7 months of that now, so I would offer them a proportionate discount.

£127.5m

This doesn't wash with me. Players don't sign anything to help clubs out. If they sign contracts it is because they think it is their best option and nothing more. Anything else is fan delusion.

"We had the conversation with Dortmund and agreed that if I left, I will not leave for free, for zero. So I renewed my contract and now this year everyone is lucky and happy how it came to an end."

Gundogan when he signed for City.

And as for Delph, six months remaining on his contract at Villa and no doubt aware of City's interest decided to sign a new deal. Can't say for certain that he signed it to allow Villa receive a transfer fee but it certainly looked that way.

Some people are just decent.

I made the effort to find the article. If it is this? I can’t read German Rag.

C53-F7-FC6-3317-42-EA-8647-8-C77-F256-F90-D.jpg
"Bayerns three scenarios with Leroy Sane", but there is a 4th scenario...... FUCK OFF!

Sounds nice, but ultimately he doesn't owe us anything. Just like we don't owe him anything.
Exactly we owe him nothing either, so we should look after our best interests just as he is doing with his and any smart person would see these things go two ways. Sané should know the club aren't going to bend over backwards for him just so he gets everything he desires(why should City do that?).

The people saying we should just let him have what he wants and make it easy for Bayern to shaft us are the ones you need to be saying that to because I've already said the above quote before you in this very thread.

I also didn't say that's what he will do(extend with a buyout clause everyone is happy with) but it would be the moral thing to do, we've helped him just as much as he's helped us. Financially and especially development wise he's a much better player thanks to City. Infact I'd say he's done better from us than the reverse because he's hardly been our star man, he's just had his moments that have helped us as many other players have.

If he doesn't extend, we probably will lower our asking price come the summer unfortunately. I do however, hope we piss Bayern about as much as possible if that happens, to get the maximum possible from them. We could change our minds(leak injuries to other players) and stall so it goes to the last day, to ensure they are in panic mode. They really need a player of his calibre to come in because they are falling away in Europe and looking over their shoulder at BVB. The longer they leave it the worse it could get. Other influential players(winners/leaders) will be retiring as well in the next few years, so they can't "kick back and wait 2 years" as has been suggested.

Last edited:
"We had the conversation with Dortmund and agreed that if I left, I will not leave for free, for zero. So I renewed my contract and now this year everyone is lucky and happy how it came to an end."

Gundogan when he signed for City.

And as for Delph, six months remaining on his contract at Villa and no doubt aware of City's interest decided to sign a new deal. Can't say for certain that he signed it to allow Villa receive a transfer fee but it certainly looked that way.

Some people are just decent.
It's quite obvious players do extend in these situations, not just to do right by their current club where they have formed bonds of respect but also for the fans and their image, which has a monetary value.

Less so in Delphs case, who wasn't a high profile signing. He probably was asked by those at Villa and can hold his head up high when he looks back, that he did right by them and got them a fee before he left. He even took the flack of being called a snake without saying anything, if this was the case.

You can't take your money with you, as they say. Perhaps some players know they will be left reflecting some day and not want to think of themselves as utterly self serving/selfish. Doing right by themselves doesn't have to mean not giving a thought to anyone else.

Last edited:
Perhaps Bayern are worried that we'll pay the surgeon to permenantly wreck his knee and claim on the insurance.

How on earth can their be reports about Bayern signing sane in January when the likelyhood is he will still be recovering?
An ACL is a serious injury and their is no guarantee a player will come back the same as he was.
I don't get it.

How on earth can their be reports about Bayern signing sane in January when the likelyhood is he will still be recovering?
An ACL is a serious injury and their is no guarantee a player will come back the same as he was.
I don't get it.
Worse than that they say buy him in jan and city keep them informed of his progress,they expect us to look after him when he is their player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.