Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting really tired of this saga now, if he does not want to sign a new contract even now that he is injured then please just fucking sell him
What saga? Nothing of importance has been said by any party that actually matters.
The club, the manager, and player have all remained tight lipped.
The only noise is coming out of Germany - and who gives two fucks what they have to say.
This is only a saga if you choose it to be.
My advice would be to just get stuck into the new season, whatever happens regarding Sane will pan out in its own time.

I'd seriously consider selling if Bayern are still willing to fork out £100m+

1.) He'll have little impact on our season given he's going to be out until March and will take time after that to get back up to speed.
2.) He'll be entering the final year of his contract next summer and we'd sell him anyway at that point if he isn't renewing. We can at least get more value whilst he has two years remaining.
3.) Whilst players can and generally do recover following knee ligament injuries, it isn't always a guarantee and can cause reoccurring issues throughout his career. Especially for a player that relies on speed/physicality like Leroy. See Mendy as an example.
4.) No transfer ban for 2020, meaning there isn't the concern of being caught short should we need to purchase anyone. Sancho is a realistic replacement and we can reinvest the money gained from Sane.

It's a shit situation all round and I'd obviously love to keep Leroy, but if he still isn't looking like he's going to renew and Bayern are still interested, it makes more sense than it did before in my eyes.
These are all great points, if they come in with a serious offer we should take it. At the end of the day, Sane is an extremely talented player, but by no means irreplaceable. Give him our best offer and if he isn't interested in signing we move on, we're well past the point where any player is bigger than the club.

Don't suppose you know where these whispers were heard?
I heard the same & it was being discussed on here a couple if days ago.

I gave the example of degrees of severity where an ACL is concerned from my own experience, & others gave their experiences because recovery times vary with the severity of the injury.

I'm sure it was said we maybe lucky & Leroy could be looking at 4 months out as opposed to 6-7 months.

"We had the conversation with Dortmund and agreed that if I left, I will not leave for free, for zero. So I renewed my contract and now this year everyone is lucky and happy how it came to an end."

Gundogan when he signed for City.

And as for Delph, six months remaining on his contract at Villa and no doubt aware of City's interest decided to sign a new deal. Can't say for certain that he signed it to allow Villa receive a transfer fee but it certainly looked that way.

Some people are just decent.
Sterling did the same with Liverpool, and look how they treated him especially compared to the mercenary scum bag Milner who ran his contract down.

What saga? Nothing of importance has been said by any party that actually matters.
The club, the manager, and player have all remained tight lipped.
The only noise is coming out of Germany - and who gives two fucks what they have to say.
This is only a saga if you choose it to be.
My advice would be to just get stuck into the new season, whatever happens regarding Sane will pan out in its own time.

I think Sane not signing the new contract speaks for itself. Other than that you are of course 100% correct.

Here some more or less "facts" about the Sane saga:
- until now, Sane does not want to extend his contract at City
- Sane hasn't played a lot last season and was benched for the important games. Therefore he was not happy with his current situation.
- most of his friends in the german national team are playing at Bayern München
- Bayern and Adidas want to make Sane the next superstar in Germany
- there was a fixed agreement about the contract with Sane and Bayern
- regarding the german media, the negotiations between Bayern and City looked "good" and were close to an agreement
- for the Friday the 9th, Bayern set an appointment for a mecial check
- Bayern asked City for not playing Sane at the Community Shield
- Pep showed balls and despite Sanes will, he let him play
- Sane got injured and looked very angry at Pep at his substitution
- there were days of silence about the exact injury, because Pep wanted to have a diagnosis of his spanish doctor (the same doctor who destroyed Thiagos knee for one year with cortisol injections)
- until now, there is still no surgery
- this Tuesday the 13th, Sane was in Innsbruck Germany at Dr. Fink (the same doctor who did the surgery of Tolisso and Hernandez)
- Bayern took Perisic for a one year laon
- If there won't be a transer from Sane to Bayern, then Sane would lose at least 10M up to 20M € in this season

Predictions:
- Sanes mood against City and Pep should be increased, which will reinforce his decision not to extend his contract at City
- Sane still wants the contract at Bayern München
- Bayern still wants Sane and loaned Perisic to bridge the injury time
- the highest likelihood is still a transfer to Bayern this season, to undergo the surgery by Dr. Fink (same procedure like the situation with Hernandez at Bayern)

Sane will be for 100% a Bayern Player (if his knee isn't totally destroyed). It's only a matter of time, if he joins Bayern now, in the winter, next season or in two seasons for free!

City has now the worst negotiating position. Under no circumstances, Bayern will pay more than 100M €.
I can imagine a fee nearby 70M € with some bonuses up to 30M € if he makes some games.

Last edited:
- Sane hasn't played a lot last season and was benched for the important games. Therefore he was not happy with his current situation.
- regarding the german media, the negotiations between Bayern and City looked "good" and were close to an agreement
- there were days of silence about the exact injury, because Pep wanted to have a diagnosis of his spanish doctor (the same doctor who destroyed Thiagos knee for one year with cortisol injections)
- this Tuesday the 13th, Sane was in Innsbruck Germany at Dr. Fink (the same doctor who did the surgery of Tolisso and Hernandez)
- If there won't be a transer from Sane to Bayern, then Sane would lose at least 10M up to 20M € in this season

Predictions:
- Sanes mood against City and Pep should be increased, which will reinforce his decision not to extend his contract at City
- the highest likelihood is still a transfer to Bayern this season, to undergo the surgery by Dr. Fink (same procedure like the situation with Hernandez at Bayern)

Sane will be for 100% a Bayern Player (if his knee isn't totally destroyed). It's only a matter of time, if he joins Bayern now, in the winter, next season or in two seasons for free!

City has now the worst negotiating position. Under no circumstances, Bayern will pay more than 100M €.
I can imagine a fee nearby 70M € with some bonuses up to 30M € if he makes some games.
Thanks for that update.. but I don’t see how Bayern could complain about him playing he was being paid by City, if Bayern wanted they could have paid the fee they were quoted and he would have been sold. They tried to low ball and now we have a lose lose situation for every one including Leroy. Shame but that’s the game.

Predictions:

If they want him so much makes you wonder why they didn’t come up with the asking price, financially we can blow them out of the water and their not in the same league in a football sense, don’t see us having a problem making them wait and auction him off next summer to the highest bidder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.