Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be gutted when he leaves, a great player to watch when he is on the ball and in form, BUT he will leave under a cloud of his own making.

I understand the lure of playing for Bayern as a German national, but have always believed honesty is the best policy.

Leroy and his agents have NOT been honest to Manchester City FC.

I'm not sure that honesty prevails in business transactions , which is what a transfer of a player is.

The player hasn't come out and said anything (to the best of my knowledge ) which is possibly part of the negotiation tactics.

If he goes to BM then I'm sure there will be plenty of supporters who will feel the same way as yourself , because we invest some personal emotion in players , which is something that every player does not necessarily do.

He will be missed but his departure will not be the end of City.

I'd be very surprised if Pep were prepared to take Sancho back. He had his chance and walked out on it

I would be very surprised if he held it against him at all.

The kid turned down 30,000 a week at City to go to a foreign country because he thought he was ready to play and, stating in their B team, worked his way up to being a £100m+ player and starter for England by the time he turned 19.

You honestly think Pep would be anything other than impressed?

He was disappointed he left because like everyone else he knew Sancho was world class, but I doubt he holds it against him anymore than he held Laporte backing out of his deal last minuted against him.

Is Sane trying to marginalise himself with his most current actions....possibly but it ould be just the fact that he prefers to go to a doctor that he knows and trusts.....is this his first major injury in his career?It may well be so this is uncommon ground for Leroy and again maybe another driving factor in his wish to use the german based doctor instead of the Spannish one that Pep and the club like to use.

Having said all that i think he wants out .....he said nothing over the summer either way but if he wanted to stay he would have said so....we arent going to payhim the wages that Munich are offering and if that is what matters to him along with being back in his home country playing with his national team mates then so be it.....as long as we get a replacement.

Apologies to those who are itk , but is describing Sancho as " world class " and worth £100m+ examples of the level of hyperbole which exists in the media and is then repeated on this forum ?

I don't watch German football and have only seen a few examples of his game , but I find some of the claims a bit hard to accept.

He has obviously done well by moving and has raised his profile , and Pep clearly wanted him at City , but is he at the stage where it is genuinely deserved ?

Sorry mods if this should be moved .

Apologies to those who are itk , but is describing Sancho as " world class " and worth £100m+ examples of the level of hyperbole which exists in the media and is then repeated on this forum ?

I don't watch German football and have only seen a few examples of his game , but I find some of the claims a bit hard to accept.

He has obviously done well by moving and has raised his profile , and Pep clearly wanted him at City , but is he at the stage where it is genuinely deserved ?

I like what I’ve seen of him, reminds me of Sterling in how he dribbles. Tore Bayern a new one the other week. Another season developing at Dortmund will be interesting to see.

I like what I’ve seen of him, reminds me of Sterling in how he dribbles. Tore Bayern a new one the other week. Another season developing at Dortmund will be interesting to see.

Ok thanks.

I wondered if his rejection of the contract offer from City, has just given the media another easy opportunity to use his progress in Germany as another stick to beat the club with , and hence the hype ?

When I have seen him play I thought he looked over confident and over-played on several occasions ultimately losing the ball, which is presumably indicative of his inexperience.

I suspect the recent article about the rags being interested will ultimately result in a price tag heavily leaden with " potential " being quoted.

I find Sane a bit of a mixed bag of brilliance and mediocrity , and so perhaps if Sancho was identified as a replacement , he could be suitable.

However, we have a management team that is much better equipped to assess in such cases .

Last edited:

There's a love affair with Sancho that transcends reality for some posters. Excellent prospect no doubt.

Does anyone reckon that Dr Cugat will be available to fix my dodgy ankle this weekend. I can’t do today obviously and I was hoping to be at the OSC AGM and a Peterloo tribute tomorrow. I could fit Cugat in from 4pm onwards and I would treat the good Doctor to a slap up meal at Pep’s place.

Btw I was living in hope that we could convince Leroy to stay until he decided to have his surgery done in Austria. Now it’s a case of getting the best possible price without being seen to bow to Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.