Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me laugh some of the comment about weak mentality on this thread! How do they know? Do they know Leroy personally. Granted last season he did not kick on as we would have liked, but he is a great young player who has a serious injury. We should be supportive not abusive. And if he goes then we should wish him luck, he has been part of the greatest premier league team ever and does not owe us anything.
I seriously question the views of some fans on this forum sometimes

Really? That’s funny because I believe he owes everything to City, every fucking thing he is today / has become, in terms of status. And in terms of the level of development he has reached -which is still far away from his true potential, I think most of the people posting in this forum would agree on that…

A certain club believed in him, paid money to sign him and supported him 100% from day 1. And a certain manager and technical staff worked systematically with him in the training ground, in a process that took time, patience, love and knowledge (above all). You go back in his early days and you will see an awkward looking kid coming from the bench, sometimes seeming lost out there. But the work invested in him started making sense halfway through his first season, in that second half vs Arsenal at home. Where he scored the equalizer at 46’ and helped the team achieve a fantastic victory that night, in a performance full of emotion and passion. In a crucial moment of the season, with City missing key players, Guardiola covering the SC area with 2 number 10s, Fernando and Yaya behind them etc etc etc.

That was the turning point in Sane’s career, the match that showed the world what Guardiola had seen in him when he bought him from Schalke earlier that summer. Would another manager at this level (not the level of an Everton, a Wolves or a Leicester -no disrespect meant), with all this fucking hysteria for immediate results, show that kind of patience and love? Let’s say a certain Jose Murinho, for example. A rhetoric question, of course…

Needless to say, I fully agree with the being supportive part of your post. But I wouldn’t pay too much attention in some of the posts in here. The average City fan adores the boy, Leroy has been feeling it since his first appearance in a blue shirt. I would expect him and his representatives to appreciate this reality, plus the club’s contribution to what he appears to be today: A player with a world class potential…

Given the opportunity, a couple of further comments since I haven’t contributed much to this thread. I don’t have much time these days for one, plus I’m not really in the mood for this, it bothers me…

A. Guardiola towards Sane
Being demanding and “hard”, as Guardiola himself has admitted repeatedly, reveals one thing: Care. Name me one single player who has not benefited individually from this attitude. Sterling is the classic example, but is it just him? KDB himself is one of Guardiola’s early victories, it’s simply inconceivable to imagine the level he has reached leaving Guardiola out of the picture. Because he is the one who has identified his special qualities and designed a specific role for him. In a specific structure. With specific players operating alongside and ahead of him. The rest is history, Kevin has shined in that role -and there is still room for improvement. Aguero, even David, are more complete players, Zinchenco has improved massively in a bizarre position (and has never complained about it) under his command, people like Otamendi have consistently overachieved (and seam better that what they actually are), and so on, and so on, and so on...

Guardiola would be the first to admit his delight, the moment he could feel he could rely on Leroy week in week out. Take my word for it. The manager would feel relieved in such a reality -and things would be simpler in terms of picking him more often. You see, the problem with Leroy seems to be a combination of 2 things: a natural talent (which makes it easy for him in his good day, easier than some of his teammates) and a personality (which hasn’t yet matured as we would have hoped). While Raheem, for example, needs to work his socks off and stay 100% focused from minute 1 in order to make a difference, Leroy seems like a guy who needs to feel the challenge. He also seems like a person who hasn’t yet made up his mind regarding football, probably regarding life and priorities in general…

Guardiola would be delighted to identify an ambitious, focused Sane. A player he could trust week in week out (leaving rotation necessities aside). He loves the boy. And being a pure voluntarist, has never quit hoping. Which is obvious not only in his press conferences, but in his recent policy: Leroy has featured significantly in preseason friendlies, and was picked for the first official match this season (a match related to a trophy). A clear message he remains in the manager’s plans. But it takes two for a relationship to succeed, the rest is up to him…

You see, the manager of Manchester City cannot wait for ever. There are other considerations in his mind, beyond and above any individual. Basically, the interest of the club, the interest of the team. It’s ridiculous that such a simple fact needs to be clarified, but so is the … criticism Guardiola faced for not picking Leroy in the later stages of last season’s campaign. Seems some people have difficulties accepting (maybe even understanding) two things: One, babysitting is not part of Guardiola’s job description, is it? And two, there was a fucking title on the line…

Christ, City needed to win every fucking 3 days, we achieved 14 consecutive fucking wins only to win the PL by one fucking point. You lose or draw once and it’s over, period. Every fucking player gave >100% in that amazing process, they beat pressure, they beat fatigue, they beat opponents, they beat referees. They went well beyond their limits, it was extraordinary, it was mental. We are talking about sacrifice here, words will fail me to describe the reality we have witnessed. Personally, I would feel blessed to be a part of this, and I feel happy for all the boys, they fully deserve all the credit they can get. The thing is, you needed warriors out there, you needed people 100% focused and determined, every each one of them providing an inspiration to his teammates. The club constantly operates in a hostile environment, which means that’s all a City player could count on, guidance from the bench, support from his teammates -and the fans, of course. You needed people willing to die for the cause. Am I clear enough or do I have to spell it out?

B. The saga (and the real danger)
Which leads me to what I hate about this saga, what bothers me the most. The BM factor is the obvious one, but only ignorant or naïve people would be surprised by their attitude. Their CEO and chairman feel like their club is an … institution or something, a club constantly operating like the pimp of German football through the years. Astonishingly, the national media do not object in this reality (and its consequences in terms of justice, competition etc), in fact they operate like being on BM’s payroll…

Worse for me is the … strategy of the people representing Leroy’s interests, supposedly the ones who care about him the most. The question is, are they? Defending the boy’s interests? If he ever speaks publicly following his retirement, I’m curious how Alexis will look back at the days he let other people decide about his fate…

But let me explain myself a bit. If the figures reported are correct, City have made Leroy an offer which I consider more than generous, taking into account how this crazy market works. An offer which is not completely justified in terms of his contribution on the pitch last season. An offer close to 3 times his current salary -hardly a reward for 1.5 good seasons in his 3 years at the club. Simply making clear how much the club believes in his potential. On the other hand, the German … giants seem to have put on the table an offer way better than City’s.

The differences:
· He stays at City, he accepts a certain process to earn the money. Because eventually he will reach BM’s financial standards, but I repeat, in the framework of a process. A process already accepted by people like KDB, Sterling etc. The team grows, players contributing to the cause also grow, they become better players, they earn more money as a reward, their status increases etc.
· He stays at City, he becomes part of a project which already has a historical significance. People will talk about Guardiola’s City in the future, this team will be mentioned as one of the greatest in the history of the sport. Not only for the trophies, but its quality, its novelties, the concepts it introduced etc.
· He stays at City, he accepts the process, he improves, becomes a complete player, fulfills his potential. He enjoys the football, the team’s approach. He enjoys the bonds with his teammates (all nice people, all loving him), he enjoys creating with them something important, a structure way bigger than the sum of its parts.

On the other hand, the BM choice defines the easy path, as so many have posted in this forum. Too easy, may I add. I wonder how such a choice will influence Leroy’s personality, with an already identified motivation problem. Not to mention, BM have always seemed kind of an impersonal entity, at least in my eyes. I find characteristics of their identity particularly unattractive. Contrary to other German clubs, such as Borussia Mönchengladbach, Hoffenheim or Borussia Dortmund (who have a completely different culture as a club -and a model I truly admire)…

To conclude this, people representing Leroy seem to underestimate (or ignore) two things:
1. Leroy will not lose money if he stays at City (in fact, he’s already losing money by not signing a hugely improved contract). Eventually he will get the big money, but in a process also guaranteeing he’ll become a better player -and a better person…
2. Stuff associated with what we consider quality of life cannot really be measured with some more money, right here right now. Enjoying your football, improving day by day, working together with nice colleagues, trained by an excellent manager, preparing yourself for the upcoming match as a unique challenge (which is the reality of the PL plus the two Cups), and so on, I fail to see how he could find these elements in Munich. In fact, I’m convinced he won’t.

Bottom line: In his good days, when focused, I’ve always felt he connected well with the team, his teammates, the fans. In those days I’ve also felt he cared, generally enjoying life at City. He’s a good kid, I just thought the maturity process would perhaps be slower in his case. Seems that the BM – agent(s) combination has fucked up that process -and fucked up his mind perhaps? The only person who can solve this is Leroy Sane himself. Make up his mind, make a decision. He doesn’t have to get rid of his representatives, he can simply show them the direction. It’s his life after all, not theirs.

It’s also time for him to assess the behavior of the club which is responsible for this mess -and the values it represents. Having activated a whole fucking mechanism (officials, players, ex-players, nobodies, media) to apply pressure on City for months. While, excuse me, never submitting a formal bid? Which hasn’t stopped them from criticizing the manager a few days ago for fielding a City player in an official match, has it? And guess what, today’s reports quote K-HR ruling out the transfer this summer, given the seriousness of Sane’s injury. Pretty typical cynicism from their part, no?

As so many have already mentioned, If he keeps on accepting this confusion, hesitating to make a decision about his life and act accordingly, the loss will be his. In this case, it won’t be about a player failing to fulfill his potential -I can name hundreds of them through the years. It will be about character. Which this club values equally to sporting ability -Guardiola himself confirmed recently what we already knew. That will be the saddest part in such a development, as far as I am concerned. As much as we all love him, getting to realize that he actually does not belong here. Needless to say, I sincerely hope it won't turn out this way…

Sancho with another goal and assist.. the kid is nasty. If Pep and City never wanted him back there never would have been a first refusal clause

Jeremy Cross wrote the article about McGuire , and i do not believe a word of it , apparently we offered nearly £300k a week and he went to the Rags for £100k a week less , sorry but that is absolute bollocks , he doesnt reveal his source , Cross is just a massive shit stirrer and the article was solely wrote to make the Rags look relevant. We have the best coach in the world , treble/quad winners , Champs league and he is virtually guaranteed medals in his first season and yet he prefers the Rags at £150k a week less a knob for a manager , with zero chance of winning anything and Thursday night football.
Cross's article just doesnt add up or make sense , the only reason McGuire didnt come to us, is because he is £25m over priced and our club will not be held to ransom we have five decent players who can play centre back , the Rags have five clowns who can play centre back , and thats why they stumped up £85m for a £50-60m player.
They've rewritten the article now saying the exact opposite, of course they've got their clicks now.

That's awesome that they're all warming up/training with Sane's jersey. Anybody still thinks he told the players he wanted to leave?

Contrast that with Bayern who are busy distancing themselves from him till he’s recovered.

Whoever it is in sane’s camp pushing him towards Bayern (And let’s face it, there has to be at least one person) should think things through carefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.