Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends,do we want to say no and hope in the next year he wil sign a new deal or do we act like pussies and hand him over?,i'm thinking keep him and make a stand
80mill or whatever I read is a good return on what we paid for him. At the end of the day it’s a business and pride should not get in the way. To make a stand and he leaves for free is not a smart idea especially if that’s where he wants to go. If he truly wants to leave and we say no it will turn nasty real quick and he won’t sign a deal and will run his contract down.

Love how people keep quoting 2 seasons like it's 2 weeks.

Yes, he is contracted for another 2 years, that's great for City.
Never said it wasn’t great for city. I am saying if he wants to leave and we get a good profit for him why stand in the way? You think he would sign a new contract with us if we stand firm right now? Please.

I think people often overlook how you treat an outgoing player can affect future recruitment. Say we put our foot down and demand 100 million and it turns ugly with both sides unhappy. Outside players looking to take a chance and come here might see that and hesitate. Meanwhile, if we make this easier on everyone while still getting a good fee, we can point to that to future recruits and just say "Hey, if doesnt work out how you want we support your decision to leave and make it easy".

I know if I was a 22 yr old rising star that would make a huge difference in my mind.

Never said it wasn’t great for city. I am saying if he wants to leave and we get a good profit for him why stand in the way? You think he would sign a new contract with us if we stand firm right now? Please.
We don't need to sell and as far as I'm aware he hasn't handed in a transfer request. Why should we be bullied into selling to Bayern.....there's no way we would be disrespectful tapping up their players in public without permission. Keep him another season and if he still hasn't signed or getting enough game time then sell to the highest bidder.

Well we are paying him peanuts and if Bayern are offering £70m that's £35m per season remaining on his contract from City's perspective, is he worth that little when Sanchez was being touted for £50m with half a season left on his contract etc. No, finacially it makes more sense for us to keep a proven player for 2 seasons and lose him for free than accept any low ball offer.

Remember when AC Milan tried tapping up Tevez and we held firm over our £50m valuation, even when he went golfing for 6 months? I do. If Bayern think they can bully us they are in for a very funny 12 inch bratwurst stuffed up their anus-hollens.

I think people often overlook how you treat an outgoing player can affect future recruitment. Say we put our foot down and demand 100 million and it turns ugly with both sides unhappy. Outside players looking to take a chance and come here might see that and hesitate. Meanwhile, if we make this easier on everyone while still getting a good fee, we can point to that to future recruits and just say "Hey, if doesnt work out how you want we support your decision to leave and make it easy".

I know if I was a 22 yr old rising star that would make a huge difference in my mind.
We have always taken care of our players,this would be the first time in 10yrs that we have faced this situation,i would imagine we are rather torn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.