Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As our chairman has already publicly stated, it's high time the Premier League stuck together and take on these slurs against our club's and league .

Bayern have publicly tapped up Sane, and the Premier League should help City in every possible way to make a serious and formal complaint to UEFA

Bayern have used this tactic on numerous occasions in the past, it's high time it was stopped.
What harm has been done by Rummenigge saying, in essence, "yeah Sane a great player, we're interested"? Do you seriously think that Leroy and his representatives wouldn't have known that Bayern, Germany's biggest club, would probably be interested in him? They have a huge fucking hole in their wing positions, OF COURSE they're interested in signing one of the most exciting young talents in the position, who by the way happens to be German. Really groundbreaking stuff right there.

Tapping up is what Liverpool did with van Dijk. Klopp met with him, while he was contracted to Southampton, in private and without the club's permission, to convince him to join and to speak about his role in the team.

As I’ve said many times - I want him to sign a new contract. He’s going to be a great player. However if he wanted to go, he’d go with my best wishes and thanks for all he’s done.

There’s plenty more great young players we can sign. Not to mention the great young players we have.

Speaking as a City fan from the sixties - man, this is a great time to be a City fan.

What harm has been done by Rummenigge saying, in essence, "yeah Sane a great player, we're interested"? Do you seriously think that Leroy and his representatives wouldn't have known that Bayern, Germany's biggest club, would probably be interested in him? They have a huge fucking hole in their wing positions, OF COURSE they're interested in signing one of the most exciting young talents in the position, who by the way happens to be German. Really groundbreaking stuff right there.

Tapping up is what Liverpool did with van Dijk. Klopp met with him, while he was contracted to Southampton, in private and without the club's permission, to convince him to join and to speak about his role in the team.
Absolutely nothing wrong with tapping up, IF done via agents/Reps in private, every club has and does.

Getting ex players, CEO, Chairmen to speak in the media is a different matter, and as said before Bayern has previous form with this.

Can you imagine Khaldoon or Pep making a public statement that we want to sign Maguire? It would not happen, have we spoken to Maguires Reps, 100% we have.

Absolutely nothing wrong with tapping up, IF done via agents/Reps in private, every club has and does.

Getting ex players, CEO, Chairmen to speak in the media is a different matter, and as said before Bayern has previous form with this.

Can you imagine Khaldoon or Pep making a public statement that we want to sign Maguire? It would not happen, have we spoken to Maguires Reps, 100% we have.
I don't see the logic of it being ok in private but bad in public. Seems either ok or not to me.

You lot need to learn what tapping up is.

A representative of a club having direct talks with a player without permission from the player's club is tapping up.

A public figure mouthing off in the press when asked about something is not.

If you are naive enough to think there has been no contact between Bayern and Sane's agent that's fine , and the moon is actually made of cheese

If you are naive enough to think there has been no contact between Bayern and Sane's agent that's fine , and the moon is actually made of cheese

Contact between Bayern and Sané's agent is perfectly legal and not tapping up. It's exactly what agents are there for and what City do every year along with every other club. Begiristain's transfers have according to all journo's and ITK's always involved sorting a deal out with a player and making sure they want to come and what terms they'll get long before approaching their team.

Again, people seem to not have a fucking clue what the term means.

Tapping up involves the player directly, like Ashley Cole going to a hotel room to discuss a move with Mourinho and Kenyon without Arsenal knowing. That's tapping up.

A club official talking to the press, or a club speaking to an agent, not tapping up.

Last edited:
Contact between Bayern and Sané's agent is perfectly legal and not tapping up. It's exactly what agents are there for and what City do every year.

Again, people seem to not have a fucking clue what the term means.

It is Illegal to approach a player or agent of a player who is under contract to another football club without the permission of the the club the player currently plays for , but no doubt the rules are continually swerved by all and sundry including Txiki.

You need to go back and read this thread,every german connected with the club from top to bottom are trying to put pressure on him,there are rules,he is with the german eam,it's naive to think there hasn't been lots of words in his ear,even Low is advising him to go there

At least today this is more reassuring

Julian Draxler on the Leroy Sané situation: “I don’t feel like he is forcing a transfer, but I’m football anything can happen. I didn’t ask him personally if he’s going or not, but there have been some jokes...”

”I’ve just said to him ‘mia san mia’ (Bayern’s motto) all the time. When the media discusses a transfer of a great player like him, then you are curious. You have to leave him alone and not ask him about what he will do. That would be too much...”

“I think he would help Bayern a lot, like every other team in the world. I’m curious to know what will happen, but I think he looks happy at City and doesn’t necessarily want to leave.”

You need to go back and read this thread,every german connected with the club from top to bottom are trying to put pressure on him,there are rules,he is with the german eam,it's naive to think there hasn't been lots of words in his ear,even Low is advising him to go there

At least today this is more reassuring

Julian Draxler on the Leroy Sané situation: “I don’t feel like he is forcing a transfer, but I’m football anything can happen. I didn’t ask him personally if he’s going or not, but there have been some jokes...”

”I’ve just said to him ‘mia san mia’ (Bayern’s motto) all the time. When the media discusses a transfer of a great player like him, then you are curious. You have to leave him alone and not ask him about what he will do. That would be too much...”

“I think he would help Bayern a lot, like every other team in the world. I’m curious to know what will happen, but I think he looks happy at City and doesn’t necessarily want to leave.”
I've read the thread, and most of the quotes are former Bayern players or whatever who will obviously get asked about this kind of thing and speak on it, but who cares? Jogi Low probably does want him to go, but he's the national team manager, not related to the club at all, and it's pretty obvious why he'd like to see him go back to Germany.

If the situation was reversed and Yaya was doing an interview tomorrow and someone asked him about Rodri and he said something to the effect of "he's a great player, I hope he goes to City", would you find that in poor taste? Is that tapping up? If Leroy wants to stay he wants to stay, who cares what Lothar Matthäus thinks?

Another one

Bayern Munich defender Joshua Kimmich: "I'd really like to have Leroy at Bayern. He's a player that fits Bayern very well. Lately he didn't play for City in the important games, which I personally cannot understand. In Bayern's place, I would buy him.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.