Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing in a better team and a better league against better opposition. He was a regular starter last season and for significant parts of this season. Pep has shown he changes his mind on people if they put in the hard yards (Aguero, Bernardo, Zinchenko, Gundogan) so every chance he can become a consistent starter again. Particularly if he shows he can play as well on the right as he does on the left
I don't think the 'better league' is of much value. Both teams are in the same class of teams. Even if City might have been better this year.

And if I'm being honest, I don't see a path to him being a consistent starter ahead of Sterling or Bernado. Both seem to be growing in clout and accomplishment at raters faster than Sane.

On the other hand Bayern just lost 2 legends at Winger and have none half as good as Sane. Here he has to compete with 2 who are clearly better a d a 3rd that's currently as good.

I know it sucks, but if I was Sane I'd just ask Bayern to match whatever City was offering and I'll be on the way over.

Dax777 City have said that all Bayern have to do is put a bid in that is close to our asking price. However Bayern want to get Leroy Sane on the cheap by getting his mum to unsettle him, so that he will put in a transfer request, so that we will let him go. This is being done on the behest of Bayern Munchen. So we have decided to play hard ball with Bayern and say, his fee is what ever we quoted them, some reports say £90 million. If you now want him put up or shut up.

Bayern can't afford to pay the price that we are asking for Leroy Sane, as they will no doubt breach FFP if they bought him from us. The prices that fans pay for match tickets is nowhere near what we are paying in this country, not sure about the price of football shirts. Which ever way you look at it the revenue in German football is nowhere near what is earned n this country, thus Bayern can't afford Leroy unless they sell some of their plaayers or do a swap deal with us.

Last edited:
Dax777 City have said that all Bayern have to do is put a bid in that is close to our asking price. However Bayern want to get Leroy Sane on the cheap by getting his mum to unsettle him, so that he will put in a transfer request, so that we will let him go. This is being done on the behest of Bayern Munchen. So we have decided to play hard ball with Bayern and say, his fee is what ever we quoted them, some reports say £90 million. If you now want him put up or shut up.

Bayern can't afford to pay the price that we are asking for Leroy Sane, as they will no doubt breach FFP if they bought him from us. The prices that fans pay for match tickets is nowhere near what we are paying in this country, not sure about the price of football shirts. Which ever way you look at it the revenue in German football is nowhere near what is earned n this country, thus Bayern can't afford Leroy unless they sell some of their plaayers or do a swap deal with us.
Appreciate the economics of it. And I wasn't arguing they could. I was simply looking at it from the point of view of the player: Given his current status as 4tg choice at his position (at seasons end), his seemingly cold relationship with Pep, Bayern's lack of wingers ( just lost 2 historic ones), him being German, his GF not being a Manc, his mom interfering, everything points towards him preferring Bayern to re-signing here.

That's all I was saying. Now if Bayern can't afford him, them fuck them, they can wait 1 more year. Which also gives Pep time to see if he takes that next step and can force Bernie to the middle. But as it stands, if I were in his shoes I would not be signing to re up yet either

I would have been gutted 3 months ago but watching how well we did without him has reassured me that we will be ok.

Kompany leaving is a bigger concern currently. He was magnificent in those last 10 games or so.
This, whilst I will be very disappointed if Leroy leaves. I am confident Pep will get a decent replacement.

Vinny the leader and the player is the more pressing requirement.

Not if Pep doesn't trust him and has him as 4th fiddle.When the best team in his home country is begging to have him lead their next generation.

Nah, being an afterthought on Pep's team is simply not better than being the star in the best team in your home country.

With practically little change in your ability to win things.

If he doesn't back himself to reach the levels required by Pep

I would have been gutted 3 months ago but watching how well we did without him has reassured me that we will be ok.

Kompany leaving is a bigger concern currently. He was magnificent in those last 10 games or so.
he was massive.
the decisions for him to leave were obviously made well in advance of him coming back given that all the ducks for his announcement were in a row immediately after the season.
I wonder if it would have played out the same if the club and Pep suspected that Vinny would come back so strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.