Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing sane and not replacing him makes us weaker no matter how anyone looks at it. the kid is a potential ballondor winner and i believe he will eventually become what pep wants we need to do everything we can to keep him and if we cant use the funds to buy someone who can replace him

Biggest moment of the season? I had hoped people might let that go once we'd actually won the league. He scored winners away at Spurs and Bournemouth and perhaps.l most importantly of all, put the game to bed against Brighton. That third goal going in that game will always be remembered my me much more importantly than that penalty miss.

Really don't get why that miss is held against him so much when other players made equally as stupid/costly errors. Danilo and Fernandinho's balls up against Newscastle felt like a much more costly mistake at the time.

As I said.

Leroy Sané.

If he's not performing, why should Pep play him? We're challenging for titles & cups, so why would Pep jeopardise this for one player? At times during last season, it was like playing with 10 men with Sane on the pitch.

The boy has a mentality issue. He's immensely talented, but ask yourself why he's never once (in my memory) hit the ground running from the start of the season?

He needs to realise the likes of the fake Ronaldo & Hazard etc are the players they are because they dedicate themselves to their craft, & don't purely rely on their natural talents.

Both Pep & Lowe cam't be wrong in their assessment of Sane 12 months ago.

Not interested in slagging off Leroy tbh. No 'issues' for me: great player. Upto Pep if he plays.

If he play's he'll probably sign, if he doesn't he'll go.

If the season taught us anything, it would be that we probably wouldn't have won the league without Sane, as his contribution was 10 goals & 10 assists in the PL including the killer goal v Utd & Liverpool & we won the title by 1 point.

Mahrez' biggest contribution was -2 points at Anfield.
3 points at Spurs.

Well that's the other thing I dont really understand.

Pep and Sané dont seem to get along in a footballing sense. Pep avoids picking him if he can, he spends 80% of the time Sané is on the pitch either furiously shouting at him or gesticulating to his assistants because he cant believe leroy still cant do what he wants 3 years in.

If it's a simone as you say - if he plays, he signs - then hes very unlikely to sign isnt he? Because outside of some big injuries he's not in our best XI going off Pep's selections and if Mahrez shows up then Leroy could play much less than he did last season.

So are the club really prepared to risk going into Peps last 2 seasons short handed on the off chance that Leroy suddenly steps up and understands/does what Pep wants, and then on top of that decides to go against his family and stay?

Pep imo is trying to force Leroy into being his kind of player.

Leroy may be better following that advice or ignoring it & leaving. I don't know.

He's a fantastic player either way & a great asset to the squad.

So, if he plays he'll probably sign imo, if he doesn't he'll go.

No problem him going, if we don't use him.
I dont see it as black and white. Pep will only select the best 11 from the squad on a case by case basis. Some games will no doubt include him, others wont. But what I genuinely believe is that pep will not be saying sign and I will ensure x games/season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.