Leroy Sane - Back in full training/Contract situation

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by FantasyIreland, 14 Nov 2018.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel

Shouldn’t underestimate how well we treat people, not as a means to an end, but purely as part of the ethos of the club. We treat people properly and understand players’ uncertainties and rights to consider their future, and while Sane recovers on the injury table, he’ll see players fighting for the club and for him, and that will have an effect on his sense of loyalty both to them and to the club. We have had multiple players injured in recent seasons and none, to my knowledge, have felt distanced from the team/club. If anything, they’ve all come back stronger and closer. Sane will undoubtedly find being injured difficult and stories will no doubt continue to circulate, but I’m confident that he’ll recover stronger and more determined than ever to succeed, with us.

2. Jazzman

Jazzman

Team supported:
    Cityyyy
    Given that Bayern never actually made any official bid to City, it is almost funny to then complain about us playing our own player. How entitled and arrogant do you have to be to think this way? This is actually so rich that even my local newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung is writing about it, criticising Bayern for acting like a feudal ruler, and pointing out that City does not bend over like Bayern is used to from the Bundesliga. SZ says Bayern needs to learn to behave differently when dealing with international top clubs like City.

On another note I believe that Bayern has actually not given up on Leroy, and plan to come back either in Winter or next summer, depending on how fast Leroy gets fit. This is worrying and I have been thinking about how to deal with it. Besides the obvious of making Leroy sign a new contract my idea is that City cancels the peace agreement which Pep allegedly made with Bayern when he left them, and quietly starts working on deals with David Alaba and Joshua Kimmich. Bayern has clearly not felt very compelled lately to stay away from our players, in the same way as they made Pep promise.

Kimmich is 24 and under contract until 2023, however his stated wish is to play central defensive midfielder, not right fullback. City can offer him this position from next summer as replacement for Fernandinho, so I think we should have an attractive proposition there.

Alaba is 27 and under contract until 2021 ! Apparently he is not eager to renew, so the situation is pretty similar to Leroy's. We could have a squad place if Mendy does not find his feet this season.

I would go about it in the way as Bayern minus the public statements; i.e. quietly contact the agents and tell them how great it could be to play for City, under Pep.
    Give the fuckers a taste of their own medicine, and teach them not to irritate a tiger for too long.

3. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

Munich don't have the money for Sane that's what all their mischief was about, trying to get him on the cheap.

Kirkstall Blue likes this.
  4. Marvin

Marvin

5. Jazzman

Jazzman

Team supported:
    Cityyyy
    They have the money but they still tried to get him on the cheap by unsettling him via the press. This is the Barca way, only Bayern are too small time to make it work.

6. Nails

Nails

Haha. I drove back from Glastonbury with a broken leg. True story. It's why I'm known as Nails.

7. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Is your real name David Whelan?

8. chaddblue

chaddblue

Yes but he doesn’t like to talk about it

9. Dribble

Dribble

I carried on playing in pain for four weeks, each week waiting for the swelling to go down so I could play the following weekend. The consultant reckoned I'd damaged it the first week, but the following Tuesday the swelling had gone down, so I played the following Saturday, still in slight pain, but I carried on.

After week 3 it took until the following Saturday (a week) for the swelling to go down, & it was a couple of days after that last match that my knee totally collapsed which ended my playing career & led to 4 operations to correct the damage. I was a fuckin idiot for not having it looked at straight away.

That's when the Consultant told me about the degrees of damage which can occur. It sounds like mine wasn't too bad in the beginning, but I totally wreck it in the following weeks.

My son plays for Wythenshawe Amateurs & injured his knee last week. I told him to get to A&E straight away. They gave him an MRI scan at Salford Hope & said he had soft tissue damage behind the knee, so to take the next 6 weeks off playing.

I like many thought Leroy's injury wasn't too serious after seeing him walk the Wembley steps. However, hopefully reports that he may be back in four months rather than 6-7 are encouraging. Hopefully we'll all find out soon & can get his contract sorted sooner rather than later.

10. Easy

Easy

They have the money but are cheapskates.

If they were going to meet our valuation of £135m they’ve would have submitted an official bid of say £100m to start the process and show they are serious about buying our player and Leroy would certainly not have played.

It’s all bullshit in the media about them being close to buying him.