Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you not hold him in high regard? he has said nothing,it's all come from bayern,he has done what all footballers do when negotiating a new deal,say nothing until it's done,none of our players talk during that time,why would expect him to do anything different? he hasn't done anything wrong so far,he said at the brighton game he is very happy here

I think that’s wishful thinking. He’s on a pretty low wage by City’s standards and there comes a point when by not signing a new one (and I think that new offer has been on the table for over 18 months now), then even were he to accept a better offer from another club, he’d be no better off than had he accepted the one offered by City originally.
Bayern’s public pursuit of him has been so ridiculously OTT, that I can’t believe that Leroy’s camp have not been complicit in it, and I will be very surprised if he stays. I just hope we screw the German rags for £100m minimum

Reactions: nmc
He is the difference this season to me and we have missed him more than Eric. Probably off, but we must replace him with someone of the same ilk. We have missed his pace and skill this season.

I think that’s wishful thinking. He’s on a pretty low wage by City’s standards and there comes a point when by not signing a new one (and I think that new offer has been on the table for over 18 months now), then even were he to accept a better offer from another club, he’d be no better off than had he accepted the one offered by City originally.
Bayern’s public pursuit of him has been so ridiculously OTT, that I can’t believe that Leroy’s camp have not been complicit in it, and I will be very surprised if he stays. I just hope we screw the German rags for £100m minimum
Maybe wishful thinking tbf,being courted by the big team in your own country will have turned his head for sure,he is deciding on the contract for his prime years so i cut him some slack,i'm just not happy with the he hasn't declared his undying love for us so get rid

we do really miss this guy. not the same team without him
We certainly miss his first time crosses when Silva slips him through. On the left, Sterling has to take a touch which kills the momentum and usually cuts inside which is making us a bit predictable at times. We're also missing his ability to beat a man with a trick. Sterling has blistering pace and is better positionally but Leroy has that something special when we're struggling to break teams down.

We certainly miss his first time crosses when Silva slips him through. On the left, Sterling has to take a touch which kills the momentum and usually cuts inside which is making us a bit predictable at times. We're also missing his ability to beat a man with a trick. Sterling has blistering pace and is better positionally but Leroy has that something special when we're struggling to break teams down.
Not only do we miss him as a team but I miss watching the lad. He’s the most exciting and skilful player in the squad and is a joy to watch and has you in the edge of your seat.

Hope he’s back soon and hope he sorts out his contract with us!

I think he's almost certainly off and would have gone already had Bayern not been cheapskates as per their usual style.

The sad thing for me is that his leaving is IMO all of our own making. Pep barely started him last season, brought him on only with minutes to go - or not at all - with games crying out for his injection of skill and pace, and subbed him off first in pretty much every game he started.

For me he's one of the most exciting talents in world football and as such I think he was not shown much (any?) love last season at all. A great shame IMO.

Last edited:
I think he's almost certainly off and would have gone already had Bayern not been cheapskates as per their usual style.

The sad thing for me is that his leaving is IMO all of our own making. Pep barely started him last season, brought him on only with minutes to go - or not at all - with games crying out for his injection of skill and pace, and subbed him off first in pretty much every game he started.

For me he's one of the most exciting talents in worl football and as such I think he was not shown much (any?) love last season at all. A great shame IMO.
Are you saying the team that won everything and got 198 points should have been changed to keep him happy? Even if fit I’m not sure he would be getting enough starts to keep him happy this season either and if he goes I’m not sure we’ll bring in a like for like replacement.

Are you saying the team that won everything and got 198 points should have been changed to keep him happy? Even if fit I’m not sure he would be getting enough starts to keep him happy this season either and if he goes I’m not sure we’ll bring in a like for like replacement.

I don't think we play worse when he's on the pitch. And shame we won't be getting a like for like replacement IMO (I agree we won't, because there isn't one). We badly need his skills in many games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.