Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we play worse when he's on the pitch. And shame we won't be getting a like for like replacement IMO (I agree we won't, because there isn't one). We badly need his skills in many games.
I don't disagree there are some games we need him, but don’t think it’s ‘many’, the way Pep wants us to play, and probably not enough to keep him happy.
IMO for to get the very best out of him he would be better in a team that doesn't face parked buses and are more counter attacking to give him space to attack. Think Pep sees Sane’s biggest weakness as losing possession,and we play so high thats one of our biggest weaknesses.

Are you saying the team that won everything and got 198 points should have been changed to keep him happy? Even if fit I’m not sure he would be getting enough starts to keep him happy this season either and if he goes I’m not sure we’ll bring in a like for like replacement.

Our record points total coincided with him starting pretty much every game on the left.

Our record points total coincided with him starting pretty much every game on the left.
Thats true, but the last season and this Pep seems to prefer Sterling on the left and Mahrez or Bernardo on the right, so my point was more I don't think Sane would be a regular starter so won’t stay. And saying its our own doing for not playing him enough isn't really the point because results and trophies give Pep the final say.

I think Bayern may want to see how Leroy recovers after a cruciate knee injury. I would if I were them.

Is he worse than Raz in this respect?

Don't think Sane loses possession much, certainly not in dangerous areas. If he losses it in the final 3rd I'm sure Pep wouldn't be bothered. Taking people on is the hardest thing to do and what creates the most space. That is our biggest problem at the moment we lack someone who gets in behind against the parked busses. Raz tends to cut back most the time on the left and nobody else has the pace to get by their man on the outside.

Is he worse than Raz in this respect?
Not a stats man, so can only go off what I think I’ve seen which could be wrong, but I’d say so and he seems to lose it in midfield areas where when Sterling loses it its usually closer to or in the penalty area, simply because he doesn’t really attack from deep like Sane does . In the end its just opinions and only one counts, though if next season is Pep’s last then a new coach might have different ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.