Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we've anything about us we'd never deal with Bayern ever again, as they are one of the main culprits here.

True BUT they have all the cards at this point, Sane wants to go to Germany, they are interested in him, they have us in a tight corner with the UEFA investigation which they sponsored. Its either we sell him to Bayern or we sell him to the other German, you know the media darling, the charismatic, passionate guy who invented football!

True BUT they have all the cards at this point, Sane wants to go to Germany, they are interested in him, they have us in a tight corner with the UEFA investigation which they sponsored. Its either we sell him to Bayern or we sell him to the other German, you know the media darling, the charismatic, passionate guy who invented football!
or we dont sell him. Try and convince him another year to stay. If not let him rot on the bench.

Why do we have to sell to Bayern? If he wants away, he's our player so he goes to the highest bidder. I'm sure PSG, Real Madrid, Juventus would all be interested among others. If Bayern come up with the best offer he goes to Bayern. If say PSG offer £10 million more he goes to PSG. If he chooses to run his contract down stick him in the reserves. Not an ideal scenario for City or Leroy but better than allowing the German rags to trample all over us.

You lose money and send out a bad message to other transfer targets!

Bad PR = Bad business.
Leicester did that with Mahrez and they are still able to sign players. I think the whole Bad PR angle is overrated here, lots of players would like to leave their clubs but havn't been able to for various reasons. We should just put a price tag of 120 million and wait for them. If they want him, pay up or then he doesn't go anywhere.

Leicester did that with Mahrez and they are still able to sign players. I think the whole Bad PR angle is overrated here, lots of players would like to leave their clubs but havn't been able to for various reasons. We should just put a price tag of 120 million and wait for them. If they want him, pay up or then he doesn't go anywhere.

This but I'm a realist and football is a business - can't see the club advocating this just to send a message to the German Rags. Makes no business sense whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.