Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's honestly astounding; they've managed to monopolise their league by tapping up their closest rivals best players - would genuinely love PSG to come in for Sane and steal him away from Bayern.

“BuT YoU NeEd tO GiVe uS CrEdIt bEcAuSe wE WoRkEd fOr tHiS OuRsElVeS“

Yeah. If we ignore that you were given a state of the art stadium (at the time) free of charge because your city happened to host the Olympics and a WC final all within 24 months or that you got some underhand payments from the BL TV rights holder in the 90s so you’d keep quiet and not push for a chance to sell your TV rights yourself.

I have no idea about City as a whole. You lot know better than me, but Pep as an individual is certainly still friendly with Bayern.

I would also guess that City as a club have at least a cordial business relationship with Bayern.
Keep your friends close but your enemies even closer

I hope we don't sell Sane for peanuts just to spend every cent of that on a player like McGuire who will command a similar fee, if you believe what is being reported in the media.

Sane is an extremely rare talent. 100 million pounds or go the fuck home.

For those saying it will be bad business for Txiki, I'd say you might be wrong. Txiki might put his foot down and think holding out for the price WE WANT is a long-term investment of sorts. One that shows that we don't get pushed into corners in a negotiation when we sell players in the future. The Italian clubs have been doing this for years. Everyone knows if you pull up in Turin, Milan, or Naples and don't speak that bippity-boppity language, you're going to get fleeced and you just accept it.

Our club is done pussyfooting around. You want one of our players, you give us what we ask. Every club treats us like a dog being baited by a dangling treat. We succumb to their prices. Fuck that mess. It's about time we play hardball when it comes to selling our players as well. Everyone else does it to us.

Real Madrid fans celebrated that they were able to make us pay all that money for Danilo. Could you imagine us doing that to another top club? Well it's about time we start.

You want our players? Pay top dollar like we get forced to, or go the fuck home.

Last edited:
As mentioned, his low wage gives City a big advantage;

On only 60k a week City can say "Here is a contract where you will be paid 2.5x your current salary, 150k, if you refuse, then we can wait 2 years for your contract to end and you can go to another club... who will probably pay you around 150k, you will be losing 2 years worth of high wages over that and probably played little, when you can make high wages now and win trophies, the choice is obvious."
other clubs will probably pay him way more than 150k.

It's honestly astounding; they've managed to monopolise their league by tapping up their closest rivals best players - would genuinely love PSG to come in for Sane and steal him away from Bayern.

I’d prefer it if we just kept Leroy and told Bayern, PSG and anyone else with eyes on our best players to look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.