Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not the fact that Dortmund would like Bayern to get Sané that much. They want Sané and any talented player (even better if he is german) to play in Bundesliga. And at the moment, only Bayern can afford him.

PL thanks to the money, is taking all the talents away, players and coachs. This enhances the competitivity and appeal of the league which increases even more their financial edge over other leagues, and so on.

What he is hoping for is Bundesliga closing some gap, which will benefit his club in the long term.

But i do understand this public tapping up is annoying.

I think this Germany football fan attitude has much to do with why Sane (who plays abroad) is treated as a pariah by Low in the German national team.

It is not the fact that Dortmund would like Bayern to get Sané that much. They want Sané and any talented player (even better if he is german) to play in Bundesliga. And at the moment, only Bayern can afford him.

PL thanks to the money, is taking all the talents away, players and coachs. This enhances the competitivity and appeal of the league which increases even more their financial edge over other leagues, and so on.

What he is hoping for is Bundesliga closing some gap, which will benefit his club in the long term.

But i do understand this public tapping up is annoying.

Well, it is sad but it is a truth.

Several french clubs were happy when PSG bought Neymar because they knew they would get more money and the league would get a better appeal. Even the LFP CEO said he managed to sell the TV rights for a bigger amount thanks to the star power of PSG.

From the own words of Dortmund guy, he says it will be good for the "appeal of the league". They know they can't compete financially with Bayern, the same way french clubs can't compete with PSG. So, it is better for them if, at least, something good comes out of it. It doesn't mean he is not ambitious.
Sorry pal but I don't get it. Its unthinkable for a club to want their rival get a player that would likely increase the disparity further. I mean it makes zero sense. Where is the tribalism that football is always characterized with? See I'd much rather we both loose out than a rival winning at my expense. Its normal, its the tribal nature of football and that should trump any other consideration.

I would never ever wish Man U gets a tiny little leg up no matter the consideration. Its so weird its funny. If I were to choose between them staying up and incrased competition vs them getting relegateed, I'd much rather have the latter.

Sorry pal but I don't get it. Its unthinkable for a club to want their rival get a player that would likely increase the disparity further. I mean it makes zero sense. Where is the tribalism that football is always characterized with? See I'd much rather we both loose out than a rival winning at my expense. Its normal, its the tribal nature of football and that should trump any other consideration.

I would never ever wish Man U gets a tiny little leg up no matter the consideration. Its so weird its funny. If I were to choose between them staying up and incrased competition vs them getting relegateed, I'd much rather have the latter.
Today, we have some informations about Bayern selling Hummels back to Dortmund. For a cheap price. And don't forget that when Dortmund was close to bankruptcy, Bayern chipped in some money to help them survive.

The hatred of Dortmund is directed to Schalke 04. Those have a real rivality. Dortmund is more like Arsenal when they were dominating the league alongside MU (who is the equivalent of Bayern). Arsenal did do business with MU like RVP, Sanchez. It is not like the animosity between MU and Liverpool.

And Dortmund guy is not saying he doesn't want to win. He says Sané would help for the appeal of the league.
Let's say, instead of Sané, they went on to buy Pépé. Maybe it won't change anything in term of performances for Bayern and Dortmund compared to a Sané acquisition but it won't help the appeal of the league as much as bringing the prodigal son (Sané) back to home.

This is how i read his comment.

Last edited:

Tribal and passion is what footie is all about,if your team hoovers up everything in a one team league then it doesn't exsist and makes the whole emotion of football redundant,might as well watch cricket or tennis

Hopefully, Mullock's article is true and the German rags will jog on to their next target with Leroy not showing any enthusiasm to leave.

Today, we have some informations about Bayern selling Hummels back to Dortmund. For a cheap price. And don't forget that when Dortmund was close to bankruptcy, Bayern chipped in some money to help them survive.

The hatred of Dortmund is directed to Schalke 04. Those have a real rivality. Dortmund is more like Arsenal when they were dominating the league alongside MU (who is the equivalent of Bayern). Arsenal did do business with MU like RVP, Sanchez. It is not like the animosity between MU and Liverpool.

And Dortmund guy is not saying he doesn't want to win. He says Sané would help for the appeal of the league.
Let's say, instead of Sané, they went on to buy Pépé. Maybe it won't change anything in term of performances for Bayern and Dortmund compared to a Sané acquisition but it won't help the appeal of the league as much as bringing the prodigal son (Sané) back to home.

We saved United from financial ruin; not once have they told a player to sign for us. And quite frankly I’d expect the opposite.

Some Europeans are so entrenched in the whole Droit du Seigneur thing it’s ridiculous. It is not normal for an entire league and country wanting a player to sign for their ‘king’ in fact it’s pathetic.
If it was all about the league and it’s standing all the teams would want to strengthen and make it more competitive.

Last edited:
We saved United from financial ruin; not once have they told a player to sign for us. And quite frankly I’d expect the opposite.

Europeans are so entrenched in the whole
Droit du Seigneur thing it’s ridiculous. It is not normal for an entire league and country wanting a player to sign for their ‘king’ in fact it’s pathetic.
If it was all about the league and it’s standing all the teams would want to strengthen and make it more competitive.
Not Europeans, Germans.
I don't understand them as well but it is their logic.
In France, some players literally cried due to the treatment they got for going to the rivals.

For anyone who understand french language, it was not nice words...

Not Europeans, Germans.
I don't understand them as well but it is their logic.
In France, some players literally cried due to the treatment they got for going to the rivals.

For anyone who understand french language, it was not nice words...

I’ll let the French off then haha!

If that's the case, why doesn't Dortmund try to sign Sane instead?

I hate Bayern due to the hypocrisy of them and the twats who run them! Stadium basically for free, Audi, Adidas over sponsoring them, our friend Uli tax dodging and then getting into the heads of players to run down their contracts so they could get them for free! Yeah that was great for those clubs in Germany wasn’t it?! All that and they call us the dodgy ones?! Fuck off you German rags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.