Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
r
We should do whatever the club thinks is best if that means selling to Bayern because it the club he wants then we sell. I trust the club to see the bigger picture and do what's best. Other than that I have no opinion on the price or whether he sees his contract out or does another year, without knowing his thoughts and attitude how could I.

If we think selling to Bayern is the best thing, we are badly wrong imo & I don't believe that is the decision we will reach.

Selling to Bayern next year, for 140 mil, is a different proposition, but still would leave a sour taste.

We need to make an example of them, or otherwise we in danger of becoming Arsenal imo.

If we think selling to Bayern is the best thing, we are badly wrong imo & I don't believe that is the decision we will reach.

Selling to Bayern next year, for 140 mil, is a different proposition, but still would leave a sour taste.

We need to make an example of them, or otherwise we in danger of becoming Arsenal imo.
What do you make of Pep's comments that it's not down to us, but they player?

I read it that Pep knows that Sane is not going to go to Bayern and that when we all realise that, a player who would normally be criticised by fans for not signing contract, is going to get a lot of credit and goodwill.

That was also the way that the dippers got VVD if I recall. Tapping him up and " withdrawing from proceedings " before later making a formal bid once the player had withheld his services from Southampton - the cnuts way of conducting business.

It was probably the biggest moment of the season, whether people like it or not.

Anyhow, don't want to get sidetracked with one comment.

Selling Leroy without a top quality replacement would be stupid & we are not usually stupid.

Joao Felix has started life at Atletico looking like he is worth the 100m they paid.

To lose Sané at the end of the window, with no replacements on the market and potentially a transfer ban in 2020 would be incredibly poor management.

I read it that Pep knows that Sane is not going to go to Bayern and that when we all realise that, a player who would normally be criticised by fans for not signing contract, is going to get a lot of credit and goodwill.

I read it as we have made our best and final and Sane has a decision to make, hence Peps observation

Joao Felix has started life at Atletico looking like he is worth the 100m they paid.

To lose Sané at the end of the window, with no replacements on the market and potentially a transfer ban in 2020 would be incredibly poor management.

I can see what you think this but dont see what the club can do if Sane has not shown his hand

I think he referring to the negotiations & trying to get Leroy to push his agents into sorting it out. I get the impression they are not doing anything in any hurry.

If he even whispers to Pep, that he fancies leaving, then Pep will tell Txiki to find him a club, so he can't have done that so far.

If he does, I don't see that as being us bending over for Bayern Munich in the last weeks of the transfer window & I don't see any desperation from Leroy to sign for them, so he can just do his job, whatever happens.

I can see what you think this but dont see what the club can do if Sane has not shown his hand

Then the club has allowed itself to be held hostage by a 22 year old and his mum.

Obviously keeping Sané and him signing a new deal is the best outcome, but he was offered a contract in December. If he hasn't decided by the last week of July with the new season a week away from starting, then sorry Leroy you missed your chance to move, take less than 7 months to make your mind up next time.

Or if the club didnt want to keep him an extra year then they needed to sell him earlier when possible replacements were still an option. Make the difficult decision 8 weeks ago and sell him if hes not going to commit after a year of contract negotiations.

At the end of the day, Pep has 2 more seasons. 1 of them might be handicapped by a transfer ban, and now we're saying just before this season he might lose a big player with no chance to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.