Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the club has allowed itself to be held hostage by a 22 year old and his mum.

Obviously keeping Sané and him signing a new deal is the best outcome, but he was offered a contract in December. If he hasn't decided by the last week of July with the new season a week away from starting, then sorry Leroy you missed your chance to move, take less than 7 months to make your mind up next time.

Or if the club didnt want to keep him an extra year then they needed to sell him earlier when possible replacements were still an option.

At the end of the day, Pep has 2 more seasons. 1 of them might be handicapped by a transfer ban, and now we're saying just before this season he might lose a big player with no chance to replace them.

If he was despertate to sign for Bayern Munich, he would have said so.

Imo, it's about playing time. If he plays, he'll sign imo. If he doesn't, then why do we want him anyhow ? Sell him to the highest bidder.

It was probably the biggest moment of the season, whether people like it or not.

Anyhow, don't want to get sidetracked with one comment.

Selling Leroy without a top quality replacement would be stupid & we are not usually stupid.

Biggest moment of the season? I had hoped people might let that go once we'd actually won the league. He scored winners away at Spurs and Bournemouth and perhaps.l most importantly of all, put the game to bed against Brighton. That third goal going in that game will always be remembered my me much more importantly than that penalty miss.

Really don't get why that miss is held against him so much when other players made equally as stupid/costly errors. Danilo and Fernandinho's balls up against Newscastle felt like a much more costly mistake at the time.

Then the club has allowed itself to be held hostage by a 22 year old and his mum.

Obviously keeping Sané and him signing a new deal is the best outcome, but he was offered a contract in December. If he hasn't decided by the last week of July with the new season a week away from starting, then sorry Leroy you missed your chance to move, take less than 7 months to make your mind up next time.

Or if the club didnt want to keep him an extra year then they needed to sell him earlier when possible replacements were still an option. Make the difficult decision 8 weeks ago and sell him if hes not going to commit after a year of contract negotiations.

At the end of the day, Pep has 2 more seasons. 1 of them might be handicapped by a transfer ban, and now we're saying just before this season he might lose a big player with no chance to replace them.

Held hostage lol.

This is a business and each party has contractual obligations and protection and each party will look after their own best interest - quite correctly.

Sane has no obligation at all to reveal his hand to the club, none. And, as much as fans want to know the outcome of this as the season draws nearer, why should he show his hand

I think there is a lot of nostalgic nonsense among some fans (not pointing at you btw), that the club is one big happy family and players should openly discuss their plans with the fan base rather than negotiate for their own advantage in what is a relatively short career.

Not bothered one way or the other if he stays or goes as the club will still press on regardless

Imo, it's about playing time. If he plays, he'll sign imo. If he doesn't, then why do we want him anyhow ? Sell him to the highest bidder.
If he's not performing, why should Pep play him? We're challenging for titles & cups, so why would Pep jeopardise this for one player? At times during last season, it was like playing with 10 men with Sane on the pitch.

The boy has a mentality issue. He's immensely talented, but ask yourself why he's never once (in my memory) hit the ground running from the start of the season?

He needs to realise the likes of the fake Ronaldo & Hazard etc are the players they are because they dedicate themselves to their craft, & don't purely rely on their natural talents.

Both Pep & Lowe cam't be wrong in their assessment of Sane 12 months ago.

For me, playing time is earn't and should not be a basis of contract negotiations, I suspect Pep will think similarly

Well that's the other thing I dont really understand.

Pep and Sané dont seem to get along in a footballing sense. Pep avoids picking him if he can, he spends 80% of the time Sané is on the pitch either furiously shouting at him or gesticulating to his assistants because he cant believe leroy still cant do what he wants 3 years in.

If it's a simone as you say - if he plays, he signs - then hes very unlikely to sign isnt he? Because outside of some big injuries he's not in our best XI going off Pep's selections and if Mahrez shows up then Leroy could play much less than he did last season.

So are the club really prepared to risk going into Peps last 2 seasons short handed on the off chance that Leroy suddenly steps up and understands/does what Pep wants, and then on top of that decides to go against his family and stay?

Held hostage lol.

This is a business and each party has contractual obligations and protection and each party will look after their own best interest - quite correctly.

Sane has no obligation at all to reveal his hand to the club, none. And, as much as fans want to know the outcome of this as the season draws nearer, why should he show his hand

I think there is a lot of nostalgic nonsense among some fans (not pointing at you btw), that the club is one big happy family and players should openly discuss their plans with the fan base rather than negotiate for their own advantage in what is a relatively short career.

Not bothered one way or the other if he stays or goes as the club will still press on regardless

I'm not talking about nostalgic bullshit, I'm talking about selling a player if they dont commit to you, and if they try and leave just before the season then holding them to the contract they signed. That is literally the club looking after its best interests.

I dont care how long Leroys career is, Peps tenure at City will be shorter, and the club has to do absolutely everything to maximise the return on the next 24 months.

Is anyone watching the stream currently? They’ve been showing the warm up and and sane was really half arsing it. Everyone else was like a move ahead of him. Could be carrying a knock? Or just a lazy bugger? Ha ha

Is anyone watching the stream currently? They’ve been showing the warm up and and sane was really half arsing it. Everyone else was like a move ahead of him. Could be carrying a knock? Or just a lazy bugger? Ha ha
And if he’d signed his contract, everyone would be saying he looks up for it. I think the fact he is starting in what looks like the team for community shield is very telling. His slapped arse face is perfect for us blues, a lot in common

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.