Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All comps

No consistency?

Starts 25
Sub 10
Goals 14
Assists 13

If he doesn't stay with us I can see every top European club wanting to sign him.

He's not consistent. Quoting goal stats over a season doesn't disprove that. We've seen it in the past weeks.

Plays well when subbed on vs. Schalke, then is poor vs. West Ham and gets pulled 5 minutes after half time, dropped for Bournemouth, Great vs. Schalke.

If you think Sané is consistent I don't know what you've been watching. He is unstoppable at his best but we only see that every few games and that's why he's on the bench every other game while Bernardo and Sterling can be relied on to be a 7/8/9 every time they're picked.

He's not consistent. Quoting goal stats over a season doesn't disprove that. We've seen it in the past weeks.

Plays well when subbed on vs. Schalke, then is poor vs. West Ham and gets pulled 5 minutes after half time, dropped for Bournemouth, Great vs. Schalke.

If you think Sané is consistent I don't know what you've been watching.
I think people are overstating his inconsistency though, it's almost become cliche.

He's got the potential to do for us what Ronaldo did for the rags.

It's imperative we keep him. Like others have said Real and other rivals are sniffing around him.

Desperately hope he stays because I absolutely love the lad, he’s perfect for us and our style and gives us great balance with Sterling on the other side.

I don’t know another player in world football who has got the same skill set, he’s irreplaceable like for like. That said we all know the club is bigger than any individual, if and I hope he never does leave then we’ll adapt and bring in someone with a slightly different skill set and play to their strengths instead.

Desperately hope he stays because I absolutely love the lad, he’s perfect for us and our style and gives us great balance with Sterling on the other side.

I don’t know another player in world football who has got the same skill set, he’s irreplaceable like for like. That said we all know the club is bigger than any individual, if and I hope he never does leave then we’ll adapt and bring in someone with a slightly different skill set and play to their strengths instead.

Exactly that. Players like him don't grow on trees. Along with Raz and Bernie, he gives us a near perfect quiver of arrows. All different, all hugely effective. I want him signed up as soon as possible

I think people are overstating his inconsistency though, it's almost become cliche.
It has and so has this thing about his attitude. Neither are true.

Sané is no less consistent than anyone and there’s no evidence he has an attitude problem.

But then fans do make weird judgements. Loads gave Sterling MOTM on Saturday yet apart from the three times the ball left his foot and hit the net it was his worst performance for about two and a half years.

Sané has the odd bad game. But no more than Silva it Sterling or Stones does and certainly less than Walker or Mendy (when fit) have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.