Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really that easy of an option though? We don’t have a monopoly in ambition, and Bayern is a massive club in Germany. If he takes the move he will be under immense pressure from day one there.

True but he’ll be first choice at Bayern. Easier than fighting Sterling, Bernardo etc for a place.

Makes me laugh some of the comment about weak mentality on this thread! How do they know? Do they know Leroy personally. Granted last season he did not kick on as we would have liked, but he is a great young player who has a serious injury. We should be supportive not abusive. And if he goes then we should wish him luck, he has been part of the greatest premier league team ever and does not owe us anything.
I seriously question the views of some fans on this forum sometimes

Bit mature for this place mate.

Club Probably negotiate the sale of sane up to the January transfer window then sell him. Cant see Bayern buying him this window.

Unfortunately Sane has fucked the whole thing up by his greed in my view. By trying to cling on to his ‘loyalty’ bonus and not telling the club he wanted to move to Bayern he let it drag on to the point that Pep decided to play him in the Community Shield.

Sane has a long term injury and we will be getting tens of millions less for him than we would have got without this injury so both parties lose out.

Because Messi was a great team player for Pep. Young Ronaldo certainly wasn't. He simply wouldn't track back, and he certainly wouldn't hold the width anywhere near as much as Pep would have wanted him too. He'd have been great for Pep, cos he's great, but I dont think he'd have been this solo superstar that he became.

Edit - I could be wrong of course, but its not possible for every player to fit with every manager. Ronaldo, to me at least, seems a lot more along the lines mentally of the players who didnt quite click with Pep than some of the ones who do. Zlatan, Ribery, Yaya etc.
All the players you mentioned there have one thing in common, they all have huge egos and believe they and not the club are the most important thing. Pep gets the best out of nearly every player that plays in his teams, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, all had one thing in common they wanted to learn and they wanted to improve. On Ronaldo, Ferguson eventually got the best out of him and adapted his talent to the benefit of the team, I believe Pep would have done the same.

The injury just muddies the plot more. He won't play this season without a miracle. Its all on the back burner whatever.
Reckon he’ll be back feb/March time. I’d be surprised if he stays until next summer, with City knowing he’s off. Deal will be done soon I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.