Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what I posted mate, I said "what if" and "if he goes". You've jumped the gun with your last post saying he doesn't want to wear the shirt, and he can fuck off.

Maybe you should direct that IF to yourself.
He will never play for us again, his decision to go against our medical advice ( Dr Cugat) says everything about this situation.

He will never play for us again, his decision to go against our medical advice ( Dr Cugat) says everything about this situation.
Fair enough I respect what your saying, I just hope if he goes we get a decent sum for him, because them german rags will insert a £200m release clause into his contract, and that's what will piss me off.

Fair enough I respect what your saying, I just hope if he goes we get a decent sum for him, because them german rags will insert a £200m release clause into his contract, and that's what will piss me off.
Bayern are going to invest an incredible amount of money into him, they would be idiots not to insist on a clause, it's a shame we did not do the same when we signed him, it would have stopped all this bullshit and bad feelings over the last 12 months.

reports that sancho will leave dortmund next season, could this be an option?

as like others have said surprised sane has had/will have surgery in austria and not with dr cugat could be his death knell

What if he recovers then signs a new City contract, what are all you doughnuts gonna say then.

All this slagging off of Leroy just because he wants surgery by a german, who happens to work on German national players and the Munich scum team.

Just let it play out, if he goes thanks for the memories Leroy, if he stays well good, nobody knows for sure whats happening.

For some Sane not commiting yet is like being jilted by a Girlfriend and they lash out. It's the same with Sancho, some still have an obsession with him even though he's left the club.
For me Leroy's not done enough to form an emotional attachment, Bernie's has been here for a shorter period but I'd be far more gutted if he goes.

Ultimately its Leroy's decision and there are many benefits in joining Bayern over signing a new contract, I just think the kid is still unsure.

Bayern are going to invest an incredible amount of money into him, they would be idiots not to insist on a clause, it's a shame we did not do the same when we signed him, it would have stopped all this bullshit and bad feelings over the last 12 months.
if he goes I still wont hate him like some on here, I wish him all the best. I just want City to get a decent sum for him and move on.

if he goes I still wont hate him like some on here, I wish him all the best. I just want City to get a decent sum for him and move on.
I will be gutted when he leaves, a great player to watch when he is on the ball and in form, BUT he will leave under a cloud of his own making.

I understand the lure of playing for Bayern as a German national, but have always believed honesty is the best policy.

Leroy and his agents have NOT been honest to Manchester City FC.

Totally agree, we are in a poor position with this fella if he is set on going. Totally agree also about his value. Those comparing him to Hazard and his circumstances imo are really clutching at straws. Hazard cost what he did because he is much better than Sane. Saying we can command the same because you are young and have potential is fantasy, especially whilst carrying a bad injury. Potential is all that it is at this stage in his career [edit: in comparison to Hazard that is]

I disagree. When i compare him to hazard, i acknowledge hazard IS a better player. that's why hazard went for 130m, and Sane if he goes next year imho would go for £80-90m, irrespective of his injury now. He is also younger than hazard, so that is in no way an unfair assumption. And if the club were asking for 140m this summer, then it follows that logic. I have consistently said, pre injury, that his value next season would be at least double what we paid for him. That isnt based on a comparison with Just hazard, but also dembele, coutinho, felix, and every attacking player in today's market. He will recover by then and be available.

If Bayern want him this season, of course the price has dropped from what city were asking. but for me, cant have nearly halved as many seem to be suggesting, yes there is a risk, but its over 6 months, he'd be moving there on a long term contract.

I don't see how our 'leverage' would have changed as much as some think, he is Still our player for two more years,and still has the same youth, potential and quality. it will be paused some 6 months, but he is'nae bloody deid! he currently isnt earning huge amounts, hasn't cost that much in the first place, so there really isn't this pressure people assume to cash in on him as soon as possible.

Put it this way, if he is to go next season for say 80m (logical based on the recent price the club have put on him, all else excluded that also backs that up). the germans offer 90m right now. that 10m means having him available the latter stages of the season, when it could make all the difference in the champions league. That 10m is worth nothing to the club at all, heck would be recouped in one round of the competition. so to tempt us into selling, it needs to be more.

And the risk remains that he can decide to sign a contract at any point. It is very much up to Bayern to pay up. it is not up to us to push to sell, or accept less. Even with his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.