Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't get nearly enough: Ibe >> Sterling, Sterling >= Sane, so if Sane = 100 million, Ibe must be worth about 150 million by now.
I don't think its shameful to admit that there are some players who will probably always be beyond our reach. Ronaldo, Messi Ibe ............
One can but dream though.

I still don't understand why Sané isn't played on the right. I don't understand why Pep doubt his ability to play there.
Sterling did great on the right side last season, and is now used to cut inside more. Sané should learn how to use his right foot for crosses, and then cut inside with his left, exactly like Mahrez. The difference is, I think Sané would pose more of a threat on the right than Mahrez. Fast, killer shot and great dribbler.

I think with Pep, about 2/3 of the squad start at zero every Monday morning!

He consistently talks about training and who has caught his eye this week, and I just think Leroy is possibly one of those lackadaisical trainers. I know I’ve seen them before (back in the .late 70s, early 80s) at top teams, yet they didn’t have the luxury of another international on the bench. Also, today ALL players are monitored, so the ones doggin training stick out like a sore thumb on the computer!

I’d love to see him stay, be a regular option (both starting and on the bench), but I think two parts of his game are lacking when you compare him to the players with whom he is competing:

The ability to go either way, because his “wrong” foot needs serious work), and

His ability to not lose the ball as we are attacking with 8 players, except on the last ball.

Sterling, Bernardo & Mahrez can all turn defenders inside out because on either side of the field, they can come inside or go outside. Leroy can’t. When on the left, he has very little inside threat, and it’s all about the cross (which is no mean feat when you see how he can get to the byline!). When he is on the right, he has little to no “down the line” threat, as you know he is coming inside.

On losing the ball, I think he has done a good job of working his tail off to win it back. However, it is his decision-making on whether to hit the simple ball (and play the percentages) or try the audacious flick/touch to spring the defence, that is his problem. Both have their time and place, but they depend on the structure of the team when he does it. Too often, he leaves his full back and even his midfielder in no man’s land, because he hasn’t dissed out which decision the team is set up for. This is especially true when Fernandinho isn’t playing as the covering DM.

Pep’s teams live to possess the ball. However, if we stream forward to support an attack, we are generally committing 8 players (occasionally only 7, but usually 8) to the attack. If that breaks down because of poor thinking, poor technique, or a simple lack of understanding of “the moment,” then you have just fold at least 5 of those players down the river...unless YOU immediately retrieve the ball, it (at a minimum) pressure the ball sufficiently well to stop the counter.

Leroy is learning, to be sure, but he needs to learn quicker! Bernardo has been a revelation and is only a touch older than Leroy. It is impossible to drop Bernardo to accommodate Leroy, unless you drop Sterling, who just had his best season ever.

That said, I think Bernardo’s future is in midfield, not on the wing. I’m not sure if that means LM (vice David), as KDB prefers RM, but he can definitely play RW/RM/LM.

Ideally, with what we have today, I’d like to see

KDB.......FERNANDINHO.....BERNARDO
STERLING.....AGUERO.............SANÉ

...but that also creates the issue of a one dimensional/one position player causing everyone else to adjust, as Leroy is an almost exclusive LW.

We did see him play inside a few times, or at least a few cameos in the Inside Left position, but rarely.

In short (too late?!), he needs to not only improve what he already does, but also add another string or two to his bow, IF he wants to work to be a City player in this team, especially considering we are entering the second wave of squad rebuilding and new faces are coming.
you had

bernardo plays primarily on the right, and does his best work there.
for that reason my preferred setup wouldn't include sane to start at this time,

-----------------edo-----------------------
Danilo---stones----laporte---zinchenko
---------------fernandinho-----------------
---berny------------------------merlin------
-------------------KDB------------------------
-------sterling------------aguero-----------

like you eluded to some of Sane's shortcomings, these guys are all better on the ball and read the space and game better.
our outside backs do a nice job down the flanks attacking and as long as our centerbacks stay responsible we are not too open to the counter,
at least until other teams improve or get better at adapting.
the Danilo pick could be up for debate, but for me although Walker's a good defender, his two left feet and attack play are lacking.

I think with Pep, about 2/3 of the squad start at zero every Monday morning!

He consistently talks about training and who has caught his eye this week, and I just think Leroy is possibly one of those lackadaisical trainers. I know I’ve seen them before (back in the .late 70s, early 80s) at top teams, yet they didn’t have the luxury of another international on the bench. Also, today ALL players are monitored, so the ones doggin training stick out like a sore thumb on the computer!

I’d love to see him stay, be a regular option (both starting and on the bench), but I think two parts of his game are lacking when you compare him to the players with whom he is competing:

The ability to go either way, because his “wrong” foot needs serious work), and

His ability to not lose the ball as we are attacking with 8 players, except on the last ball.

Sterling, Bernardo & Mahrez can all turn defenders inside out because on either side of the field, they can come inside or go outside. Leroy can’t. When on the left, he has very little inside threat, and it’s all about the cross (which is no mean feat when you see how he can get to the byline!). When he is on the right, he has little to no “down the line” threat, as you know he is coming inside.

On losing the ball, I think he has done a good job of working his tail off to win it back. However, it is his decision-making on whether to hit the simple ball (and play the percentages) or try the audacious flick/touch to spring the defence, that is his problem. Both have their time and place, but they depend on the structure of the team when he does it. Too often, he leaves his full back and even his midfielder in no man’s land, because he hasn’t dissed out which decision the team is set up for. This is especially true when Fernandinho isn’t playing as the covering DM.

Pep’s teams live to possess the ball. However, if we stream forward to support an attack, we are generally committing 8 players (occasionally only 7, but usually 8) to the attack. If that breaks down because of poor thinking, poor technique, or a simple lack of understanding of “the moment,” then you have just fold at least 5 of those players down the river...unless YOU immediately retrieve the ball, it (at a minimum) pressure the ball sufficiently well to stop the counter.

Leroy is learning, to be sure, but he needs to learn quicker! Bernardo has been a revelation and is only a touch older than Leroy. It is impossible to drop Bernardo to accommodate Leroy, unless you drop Sterling, who just had his best season ever.

That said, I think Bernardo’s future is in midfield, not on the wing. I’m not sure if that means LM (vice David), as KDB prefers RM, but he can definitely play RW/RM/LM.

...but that also creates the issue of a one dimensional/one position player causing everyone else to adjust, as Leroy is an almost exclusive LW.

We did see him play inside a few times, or at least a few cameos in the Inside Left position, but rarely.

In short (too late?!), he needs to not only improve what he already does, but also add another string or two to his bow, IF he wants to work to be a City player in this team, especially considering we are entering the second wave of squad rebuilding and new faces are coming.
I prefer the in short bit lol
He had a great season before last,with raz it was our best formation and balance,not sure why pep changed things so much last season so he couldn't get in,thing is he is a high risk player but he makes me get off my seat like no other player in the team does and i'm desperate for him to stay.I remember lots of players saying sergio was a bad trainer but match day he turned it on,maybe sane is the same,maybe he is behind raz and bernie in his developement and consistancy,i don't like comparing young players because they all mature at different times,here's hoping what Ric said is true

how fucking ridicules, course he has to improve, pep has to improve, eric,kdb, bernado, eddie,ect ect , everyone one of the squad has to improve or they will be out on their arses

I think repeating his form last season is enough.
Compare his numbers when he played regularly as LW, it was good enough for any team.

It's amazing to think Hoeness is a convicted criminal and was given 3.5 years in prison. Seven serious counts of tax evasion totalling 28 million euros and admitted his guilt. And, then, incredibly, Bayern Munich made him their President again on release...what kind of club does that. They have also been at the forefront of those attacking City over recent years.

The president is voted by the fans. The fans voted him back with nearly 100 per cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.