Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the talk is Beyern for obvious reasons i hope he signs a new deal but if he does not put him up for sale and watch Real gazump em £120 million starters, Real new manager need marque signings need a new left winger, and will not let a rival pick up a great player cheap

you had
Ideally, with what we have today, I’d like to see

KDB.......FERNANDINHO.....BERNARDO
STERLING.....AGUERO.............SANÉ

bernardo plays primarily on the right, and does his best work there.
for that reason my preferred setup wouldn't include sane to start at this time,

-----------------edo-----------------------
Danilo---stones----laporte---zinchenko
---------------fernandinho-----------------
---berny------------------------merlin------
-------------------KDB------------------------
-------sterling------------aguero-----------

like you eluded to some of Sane's shortcomings, these guys are all better on the ball and read the space and game better.
our outside backs do a nice job down the flanks attacking and as long as our centerbacks stay responsible we are not too open to the counter,
at least until other teams improve or get better at adapting.
the Danilo pick could be up for debate, but for me although Walker's a good defender, his two left feet and attack play are lacking.
Is that a diamond in midfield?? You are Glenn Hoddle, and I claim my £20

David Silva:

De Bruyne B Silva
Sterling Aguero Sane​

Would be my front 5
I would suggest that would weaken us as Bernardo has proven to be far stronger on the wing and Sterling on the left.
And about his strops?

I am not knocking Sane as he is a fantastic player, but he does have issues of temperament and simply juggling the pack to accommodate him is not what I suspect Pep would be keen to do, even if fans think he should

Here's the thing. I think a lot of us think that Sané is unpredictable in a way that nobody else in that front line is. He can be having an average to downright poor match, and then do something absolutely astonishing which probably nobody else could have done. It can lead to a goal scoring chance, or simply a goal (to an extent this is, and always has been, true of Kun as well, although Kun has developed admirably over the last two seasons).
His unpredictability, from Pep's point of view, is his weakness. But it's ambivalent — it's also his strength. Work rate, that kind of thing, that can be instilled in him at the age he's at (incidentally, most matches that he was brought on late this season, I saw him haring back down his line to harry and/or tackle the opposition, so the idea that he is just ‘lazy’ doesn't wash with me). But what he can do cannot be instilled, cannot be learnt. If he goes, he goes. City will go on, we'll win trophies and we'll have great players. But make no mistake, Leroy's departure will the loss of an x-factor in that attack that, on its day, is incredibly exciting to watch.

Here's the thing. I think a lot of us think that Sané is unpredictable in a way that nobody else in that front line is. He can be having an average to downright poor match, and then do something absolutely astonishing which probably nobody else could have done. It can lead to a goal scoring chance, or simply a goal (to an extent this is, and always has been, true of Kun as well, although Kun has developed admirably over the last two seasons).
His unpredictability, from Pep's point of view, is his weakness. But it's ambivalent — it's also his strength. Work rate, that kind of thing, that can be instilled in him at the age he's at (incidentally, most matches that he was brought on late this season, I saw him haring back down his line to harry and/or tackle the opposition, so the idea that he is just ‘lazy’ doesn't wash with me). But what he can do cannot be instilled, cannot be learnt. If he goes, he goes. City will go on, we'll win trophies and we'll have great players. But make no mistake, Leroy's departure will the loss of an x-factor in that attack that, on its day, is incredibly exciting to watch.
Well said

But that loss of an x-factor could be replaced by the x-factor of another player?

Maybe.
Possibly…

But we've got a man right here, right now, who's got it in his locker. He showed that, amply, in the 17-18 season. I simply rely on the club to do everything possible (short of guaranteeing him a place in the starting line-up, which Pep would never, ever do) to convince him that he's got a huge future with us. If he wants to walk away, well then, it happens.

Sane keeps getting potentially suggested as a future worlds best or balon dor winner. He simply doesn't work hard enough. He doesn't concentrate enough. That's why at City he's behind Sterling and Bernardo and why in the last few important games of the season Pep has also turned to Mahrez. They all work harder. Talent isn't enough to get him there. For two pre-seasons now, he's pissed Pep off with attiutude or fitness (some may say both). This season was meant to be the wake-up call after becoming a dad and he's not regressed, he simply hasn't progressed. Our squad doesn't stand still. Everyone works hard, everyone improves. If you don't improve you always have a chance if you work hard (See Kyle/Gundogan who've not been at their peak this season but you never question their effort).

City still trust him to listen and improve and a contract is waiting to be signed. I think Sane will sign, but that might be with a clause in the contract. £150m should be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.