Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we are paying him peanuts and if Bayern are offering £70m that's £35m per season remaining on his contract from City's perspective, is he worth that little when Sanchez was being touted for £50m with half a season left on his contract etc. No, finacially it makes more sense for us to keep a proven player for 2 seasons and lose him for free than accept any low ball offer.

Remember when AC Milan tried tapping up Tevez and we held firm over our £50m valuation, even when he went golfing for 6 months? I do. If Bayern think they can bully us they are in for a very funny 12 inch bratwurst stuffed up their anus-hollens.
That’s true I haven’t thought about that. On the other side he can act like a diva too and pep does not put up with that. So what’s to say he won’t act like that and never play? In that case I still say it would be money wasted. I truly hope he stays as I love the player. He adds something extra to us especially with his assists and speed.

It depends,do we want to say no and hope in the next year he wil sign a new deal or do we act like pussies and hand him over?,i'm thinking keep him and make a stand
Since when are we in the business of keeping players who don’t want to be here? If he doesn’t want to sign just sell him on to the best bid and buy someone who wants to play for City. There’s no shortage.

It's not "my" club. It belongs to everyone .We don't have owners.

I don't know if you speak German or any other foreign language, but Bayern is always referred to as "Die Bayern" , Dortmund as "der BVB" etc . Nobody would ever say "We were shit on Saturday " or "we should sign a winger". It's always "they need a new manager" or "they won't win the CL with that team".

It's a cultural thing. In fact I believe the UK is the only country where the football club you support is a "we" rather than a "they ".
It's WE because it's ours. It exists for us and so it belongs to us. We might not own it but it has always been there for us since day 1. That's how all football fans think in our country. We are in it together.

Well we are paying him peanuts and if Bayern are offering £70m that's £35m per season remaining on his contract from City's perspective, is he worth that little when Sanchez was being touted for £50m with half a season left on his contract etc. No, finacially it makes more sense for us to keep a proven player for 2 seasons and lose him for free than accept any low ball offer.

Remember when AC Milan tried tapping up Tevez and we held firm over our £50m valuation, even when he went golfing for 6 months? I do. If Bayern think they can bully us they are in for a very funny 12 inch bratwurst stuffed up their anus-hollens.
Only if he performs whilst being kept, and my impression is he can be a moody sod. Also do we really want an unhappy player in dressing room? Sadly if says he wants away all we can realistically do is get a good fee and adequate replacement

Only if he performs whilst being kept, and my impression is he can be a moody sod. Also do we really want an unhappy player in dressing room? Sadly if says he wants away all we can realistically do is get a good fee and adequate replacement

I'll be gutted to see him go, if he does. He has absolutely everything needed to be a fantastic footballer. He's with the best coach in the world and even he does't seem to be able to get through to him.

As for the 'moody' thing, there is certainly something there. The dressing room seems like the perfect place to improve with the lack of ego needed to really achieve. Maybe after what happened with the World Cup, he has always thought about going home to put things right.

If he goes, I'm sure he'll miss the English league, the dull German game really is an acquired taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.