Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't even good news unless he signs a new deal. If he does not, we face a very tough situation. The incentive for players to run down their deals is huge, with increased wages and signing on fees. We all know Bayern are hoping to get him on the cheap and it works in their favour if he's only got 12 months left on his deal come next summer. We need to be really cautious with celebrating Sane staying this season as a victory because we run the very real risk of losing him for a fraction of his true worth next season or nothing at all the following season.
So, they could have played a blinder really, Sane now knows the biggest club in Germany want him. So he will have been given the nod that if he doesn't sign a contract they'll 100% be in for him at a massively reduced price.

Conspiracy etc, etc....

All future contracts for any of our players should have a clause stating that they can never leave us to go straight to Bayern unless their offer is in excess of 1.5 times that offered by any other club or 100 million whichever is the greater.

I'd love us to start saying how we feel Kimmich would fit in at City but let's wait and see.

This isn't even good news unless he signs a new deal. If he does not, we face a very tough situation. The incentive for players to run down their deals is huge, with increased wages and signing on fees. We all know Bayern are hoping to get him on the cheap and it works in their favour if he's only got 12 months left on his deal come next summer. We need to be really cautious with celebrating Sane staying this season as a victory because we run the very real risk of losing him for a fraction of his true worth next season or nothing at all the following season.
The way I see it it’s probably quite simple.
He is trying to negotiate an improved contract. I think he is one of our “cheaper” players on £60k a week (!!) and he is using all this shit storm with BM to bump up his new salary as high as he can and who could blame him for that...
I am confident he will sign a contract extension with a much improved salary and fend off interest from BM for the foreseeable future. He would earn considerably less if he moved to Germany and his chances of winning silverware’s no better in his homeland than it is if he stays.
He would need to be pretty unhappy to want to leave and I have not seen anything to suggest that yet.

The way I see it it’s probably quite simple.
He is trying to negotiate an improved contract. I think he is one of our “cheaper” players on £60k a week (!!) and he is using all this shit storm with BM to bump up his new salary as high as he can and who could blame him for that...
I am confident he will sign a contract extension with a much improved salary and fend off interest from BM for the foreseeable future. He would earn considerably less if he moved to Germany and his chances of winning silverware’s no better in his homeland than it is if he stays.
He would need to be pretty unhappy to want to leave and I have not seen anything to suggest that yet.

It's one of two things

1) Like you've stated he signs a new deal on considerably improved terms and we fend off interest from Bayern

2) And in my opinion, a real possibility, is that he waits out his contract and receives a mammoth offer when he goes for either a reduced price or nothing at all. I don't agree that he would earn more with us if he signed right now. When it comes to finances, it makes perfect sense that he would run down his deal and we've all seen the trend of players doing this and benefiting with huge contracts such as Ramsey because of the lack of transfer fee. I place no real credence on 'he has shown no desire to move to Bayern' until he has signed a deal. I'm sure City believed there was every chance Milner would resign with us and he dragged us along long enough to receive an improved deal with Liverpool. I hope the powers that be are not naive enough to not consider the very same possibility may be at play here. We've already shown that we are a formidable side with or without Sane and if he doesn't show willingness to commit this summer, I would hope we get rid for a reasonable price (100m+).

It's one of two things

1) Like you've stated he signs a new deal on considerably improved terms and we fend off interest from Bayern

2) And in my opinion, a real possibility, is that he waits out his contract and receives a mammoth offer when he goes for either a reduced price or nothing at all. I don't agree that he would earn more with us if he signed right now. When it comes to finances, it makes perfect sense that he would run down his deal and we've all seen the trend of players doing this and benefiting with huge contracts such as Ramsey because of the lack of transfer fee. I place no real credence on 'he has shown no desire to move to Bayern' until he has signed a deal. I'm sure City believed there was every chance Milner would resign with us and he dragged us along long enough to receive an improved deal with Liverpool. I hope the powers that be are not naive enough to not consider the very same possibility may be at play here. We've already shown that we are a formidable side with or without Sane and if he doesn't show willingness to commit this summer, I would hope we get rid for a reasonable price (100m+).

I doubt very much that if Sane leaves he will earn more at Bayern than at City, Barca , Real , probably PSG ,china definitely, also Milner gave us the runaround on his contract when he kept saying he would negotiate later which allowed him to be our most played player that year, if Sane does not sign sitting in the U23`s for 2 years looms, but as it is i think he will sign his price tag is about £ 100 million yet he is on £ 60 ,000 that is a big difference to Sterling , and Maguire if we bought him

The conundrum is always if we value him at a price in excess of 100 million why are we only paying him 60k a week?
We can't have it both ways. If he's worth it let's pay him according to his value.
I'm sure the club will sort this if Leroy is happy enough football wise.

The conundrum is always if we value him at a price in excess of 100 million why are we only paying him 60k a week?
We can't have it both ways. If he's worth it let's pay him according to his value.
That's been his choice to be paid that little lol!
He could of signed a much improved contract 12 months ago.

I think he will sign,it will have been made clear to him we won't sell cheap next summer,his age means we can hold out and he might not get the choice of where he can go
This time next year IF he has not signed his contract, HE will be in control, the club will have no option but to sell at a reduced price in fear of him signing for a new club for free the following January.

Could of earned an extra 5m if he signed a new contact 18 months ago! It should worry city he didnt all indication to that is he is willing to wait out his contract another 18 months and go for nowt.

He is certainly worth more than 60k a Week. I can’t believe he is only on that?

But he must have got a few quid from the share of the £15mill which was paid out to the players (and staff?) for winning all 4 trophies last season.

City either need to offer him the wages his is worth now, or sell him, but not to Bayern ;-), while we can get 100 Euros for him. I just hope Leroy and his Agent aren’t pricing Him out if a new contract at City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.