Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope not pal, but you could well be right. Fingers crossed in 3 / 4 months time we aare back at the etihad watching the start of a new season.
Having null and voided the existing season much to the procrastination of the scousers.

I hope you're right but would be surprised if there is a big drop at the top of the game once it's all back up and running with probably more televised games than ever. No doubt the smaller clubs will suffer greatly though.

As for Sane I really hope he stays. Fit and flying there is no better sight than him running on to a pass from David or KDB.
Finance is relative but the quantity and quality of players is fixed. The adjustment to world football finance after this crisis could well suit the elite, they certainly will have the will and the way to make it so.

This is interesting. Lothar Matthäus I think would be part of a Bayern media campaign. The question is what it means. Are Bayern telling Leroy to lower his demands or do they genuinely prefer Timo Werner?
It's the start of the untapping up.

This is interesting. Lothar Matthäus I think would be part of a Bayern media campaign. The question is what it means. Are Bayern telling Leroy to lower his demands or do they genuinely prefer Timo Werner?
Probably want both. Buy werner, and just wait another year to get sane for nothing. With the bonus of pissing city off big style. They will still get his best football years.

As I said earlier on, the new Bayern manager Hanns-Dieter Flick does like Leroy Sane, and prefers Timmo Werner + another 2 players already playing in Germany. The players he wants none of them are wingers, they are either defenders or centre midfield.

It's the start of the untapping up.

Leaving us with a player that signs a new contract because he’s no longer wanted by Bayern. Sane is a great player but he’s tarnished his relationship with Pep and the club (allegedly) so even if he signs that new contract I’m not sure how long he’ll be here. Probably off to the Dippers according to Danny Mills a long with Kev.

Wouldnt be surprised if Bayern wait a year for Sane. See if the injury has affected his pace and see how he recovers. Plus then they get him free. Would be a risk though as after suffering one serious injury, Sane might not want to leave his future in the balance.

Still some way from decisions being made, I feel. Given the virus situation, his injury, and a split of opinion at Bayern, he would be well advised to sign a new contract, get his head down, mend fences, and regain form. He could agree to, say, a 2 year extension if City were happy with that and still be young enough to fulfil any ambitions for Bayern, Barca, Real.

Everything is up in the air again now, with no one even knowing when football will restart, never mind what happens with player contracts, sponsorship, matchday revenue, TV money, etc.
Everything might just return to how it was, but it might not.

You feel like now might be a good time for City to apply some pressure on Sané to sign the new contract ... as at least City's offer is concrete and real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.