Lescott and Garcia Partnership

I think Lescott is a accident waiting to happen, the one constant with him is his ability to give the ball to the opposition in dangerous areas, especially in the first 20 mins of games. Always guaranteed at least one good chance for the other team. I can see other managers telling their players to watch out for you chance because IT WILL COME. ..

taconinja said:
Lancet Fluke said:
blueonblue said:
Sorry joberg, but the last thing you could accuse Lescott of is "Being a good defender", a shocking lack of pace and complete lack of any mental speed means he`s a wide open door, and even in a straight 1 on 1 he gets out muscled by smaller players.

I dread to see his name on any team sheet because he is a disaster waiting to happen, overrated and overpriced when we got him and the sooner he`s moved out the better off we will be.

I think that's a bit harsh. He isn't first choice anymore, which is right, but in terms of back up he's a pretty decent defender imo. Clearly though he needs a centre back with pace alongside him or it's always going to be a catastrophe waiting to happen. I don't tend to worry much if it is Lescott and VK on the team sheet.
Yes, as long as Lescott is covered by a world-class CB, he's tolerable and will only cause a few major goal opportunities per game.

Do you see the flaw in that reasoning?

Yes but you're implying that that was my reasoning when it wasn't, it was yours. I think as cover, and let's bear in mind that that is all he is now, he is ok, but clearly he lacks pace so he needs to partnered with someone with pace, not necessarily with someone who is world class, just not someone as slow as Garcia. There are lots of centre halves who have been ok who have lacked pace but all of them might have struggled without a bit of pace alongside them to compensate. Anyway we need to buy a centre back in the next week or so and no doubt Lescott will drop to 4th choice centre back, if you think he isn't up to that role then imo you have unrealistically high expectations of a 4th choice defender.

FantasyIreland said:
A team is built from the back,with solid foundations the rest of the players have the confidence to play without fear.

Yesterday we looked shaky as fuck at the back and it was very evident that both our usually adventurous fullbacks were very reluctant to get forward,probably with regards to the fact that they knew the two centre halves had no pace,minimal mobility and a lack of understanding and would have been exposed on the counter.

Zab had a terrible match and i dont think it was coincidence but a lack of faith in his colleagues which caused him to lose focus on his own game.

Its deeply concerning just how much the loss of Kompany damages our play.

Could not agree more. VK is critical to our backbone. That's why we must go out NOW and bring in some quality cover. Lescott is okay with a "leader" next to him, Garcia is simply awful alround (sorry but just my opinion). Nasty is one for the future. Zaba was at fault at the weekend, but the question is should he have been in those positions in the first place... I think not!

Lancet Fluke said:
taconinja said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I think that's a bit harsh. He isn't first choice anymore, which is right, but in terms of back up he's a pretty decent defender imo. Clearly though he needs a centre back with pace alongside him or it's always going to be a catastrophe waiting to happen. I don't tend to worry much if it is Lescott and VK on the team sheet.
Yes, as long as Lescott is covered by a world-class CB, he's tolerable and will only cause a few major goal opportunities per game.

Do you see the flaw in that reasoning?

Yes but you're implying that that was my reasoning when it wasn't, it was yours. I think as cover, and let's bear in mind that that is all he is now, he is ok, but clearly he lacks pace so he needs to partnered with someone with pace, not necessarily with someone who is world class, just not someone as slow as Garcia. There are lots of centre halves who have been ok who have lacked pace but all of them might have struggled without a bit of pace alongside them to compensate. Anyway we need to buy a centre back in the next week or so and no doubt Lescott will drop to 4th choice centre back, if you think he isn't up to that role then imo you have unrealistically high expectations of a 4th choice defender.
Ah, I had misunderstood. I can see the value in him as 4th choice with bringing in another defender willing to take charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.