Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having a go at the club's transfer decisions (because im over the moon) but I dont understand why we let Jo join them on loan without striking a deal for Lescott in the same agreement. After all there was interest elsewhere for Jo (Fulham for instance).

aka_manchesterblue said:
Not having a go at the club's transfer decisions (because im over the moon) but I dont understand why we let Jo join them on loan without striking a deal for Lescott in the same agreement. After all there was interest elsewhere for Jo (Fulham for instance).

we did.

I hope this half 2 announcement is true, would love to round off the week with another huge signing. On the Giggs thing, I think its a bit blue-blinkered to say he wasn't in the top 10 last year. Taking into account his age, the role he played and the fact he's still doing it 18 seasons down the line, I think he was most definitely in the top 10, if not the top 5 last year. I bet people will struggle to name 10 players better than Giggs last season.

ive just made some coco pops for little wrong 'un and when the milk went chocolatey, the face of lescott appeared, winked and said, 'i will be at city by next week'.
im not ITK just get reliable info, make of it what you will. ;)

Chippy_boy said:
In my view giving one of our main competitors £22.5m is bad business. £22.5m is worth more to them than Lescott is to us.

In my view we should have bailed out at a lower number and gone looking in Europe for a suitable player.

EDIT: I mean - it's not that he's even that good. He's like OK but nothing special. I would value him at perhaps 8m ~ 10m.
Not exactly David Dickinson are you? £8m - £10m ?

Chippy_boy said:
In my view giving one of our main competitors £22.5m is bad business. £22.5m is worth more to them than Lescott is to us.

In my view we should have bailed out at a lower number and gone looking in Europe for a suitable player.

EDIT: I mean - it's not that he's even that good. He's like OK but nothing special. I would value him at perhaps 8m ~ 10m.

I don't think the club consider Everton to be one of our main competitors.

We're aiming slightly higher than that..

Dodge said:
Chippy_boy said:

I don't think the club consider Everton to be one of our main competitors.

We're aiming slightly higher than that..

true but Everton maybe our competitors this season sole due to the fact we've replaced most of the team again and we have to go through the gelling process again........... unless they gel amazingly quickly (unlikely) we may well be looking at Top6 rather than top 4

Our league position at the end of the season will reflect just how quickly the team/squad click

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.