Lescott Vs nasty

bondsman

For me yday again showed why lescott is currently still the better partner for kompany. As great as I can see nasty becoming he still hasn't worked out how to play against a big strong cf who likes a scrap and attacks the ball in the air. We never got to grips with Kone at all yday and vk ended up having to go and attack the first ball which lescott does brilliantly allowing vinny to drop off and pick up the bits. Lescott also has heart and talks to those around him, I think he gets other players going and I don't care what anyone says him and vinny look more comfortable together hence the whole team does. He should have played yday it would have made a difference. Like Milner and Barry and Richards he's not regarded as a top player consequently he still has that hunger to win and play and doesn't take his place in the team or a potential trophy for granted.

The treatment Lescott got from Mancini after a fantastic season from him last season is a joke. I rate Nastasic, he is very good being only 19, but I would not discard the Vinnie-Lescott partnership just so easily.

Lescott was class tho when he was praising Nastasic how much he improved and how good he is.

Nastasic is better, imo. Lescott is quite error prone (he nearly cost us the title - something which probably motivated Mancini to drop him) and I've yet to see anything like that from Nastasic. Nastasic is also much more useful when we have the ball.

Defense hasn't been a problem this season. Wigan didn't manage a single shot on target yesterday from what I remember ...until the corner that is.

ElanJo said:
Nastasic is better, imo. Lescott is quite error prone (he nearly cost us the title - something which probably motivated Mancini to drop him) and I've yet to see anything like that from Nastasic. Nastasic is also much more useful when we have the ball.

Defense hasn't been a problem this season. Wigan didn't manage a single shot on target yesterday from what I remember ...until the corner that is.

I agree nasty looks the better footballer but that's not my point I think lescott and vinny are the better pairing. You're right as well that they did only have that one shot but all game out defence was pulled about, fullbacks had mares, lescott is a better organiser and does the dirty work back there. What I disagree with is the myth that nasty is massively better on the ball he's better but not much he doesn't launch attacks or dribble out. Plus lescott is way more of a threat from set pieces.

bondsman said:
For me yday again showed why lescott is currently still the better partner for kompany. As great as I can see nasty becoming he still hasn't worked out how to play against a big strong cf who likes a scrap and attacks the ball in the air. We never got to grips with Kone at all yday and vk ended up having to go and attack the first ball which lescott does brilliantly allowing vinny to drop off and pick up the bits. Lescott also has heart and talks to those around him, I think he gets other players going and I don't care what anyone says him and vinny look more comfortable together hence the whole team does. He should have played yday it would have made a difference. Like Milner and Barry and Richards he's not regarded as a top player consequently he still has that hunger to win and play and doesn't take his place in the team or a potential trophy for granted.

If it wasn't for the numerous tackles from both Kompany and Nastasic yesterday, the result would have been a lot worse.

Our main problem was that we were being utterly dominated on the wings and both full backs couldn't really cope. Meaning that Vinny and Matija were having to make a lot of tackles that they wouldn't normally have to and being pulled out of position as a result. And all this gave it an air of desperate tackling.

Lescott's main prolem is that he gets turned easily and doesn't have the pace to rectify this. I have no doubt we would have conceded more if Joleon had played.

Still, I don't want him to leave, as despite the faults i've mentioned I do believe he has other good qualities and is still a quality player. Just not the same quality as Nastasic

I would personally use Richards at centre half with Kompany. Can never fault Micah's passion and desire for our club. He has pace, power and determination!

Not once did I see us win a clean header against kone. I mean one that was powered clear. Lescott is very very good at dealing with balls in the air.<br /><br />-- Sun May 12, 2013 10:57 am --<br /><br />Not once did I see us win a clean header against kone. I mean one that was powered clear. Lescott is very very good at dealing with balls in the air.

There are few more solid defenders in the PL than Joleoninho. Mancini notices, as we all do, the lack of apparent comfort on the ball, and it does for him. We were excellent last year, and in Mancini's attempt to 'improve' an area he has simply swapped Lescott's solidity for Nasty's technique on the ball!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.