Lescott?

For me, he just seems to lack confidence. He's unsure what do do with the ball when he has it and gets caught in two minds. Consequently he's either caught in possession or gives the ball away in a panic. if we were playing a better side than Poznan last night, I think we'd have been punished more than once.

Bizarre, since as other have said, his first season with us was good.

JULES said:
I still rate the guy, good squad player

He's essentially a stopper, and hasn't really been doing that as well as Vinny or Kolo. Skinned a couple of times last night, and Mancini wants his full-backs to exihibit much more flair and enterprise. It's not really the kind of game Jole has been brought up on.

Lescott needed someone telling him off last night on the pitch. Last season if he messed up he would of had Shay on his case about it and Shay would of organised the defence. Last night no one in the back line organised the defence at times like that you were looking for real leadership in the backline but it never came.

I always thought he was average at best, he lived up to that last season, this season though he's been fucking dreadful.

sweep said:
I always thought he was average at best, he lived up to that last season, this season though he's been fucking dreadful.

remember in preseason when everyone wanted him playing at the back with vinnie how times change never really thought he was worth 21 mill

Gaz in Belgium said:
He looks overweight to me

-- Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:23 pm --

-- Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:23 pm --

I'm guessing, but does he look overweight to you?

Joleon Lescott to City should never have happened - not for that kind of money. You could say the same for Milner but that would be a little premature and unfair. I don't know why Hughes or whoever it was pressed Everton for this player, even when the price got ridiculous. Is it because he's English and left-footed? Oh well, what's done is done and we'll have to live with it. He shouldn't play against Arsenal though. Mancini might be discouraged but he should put the two Belgians in the middle, as others have suggested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.