Lescott

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/match/70165/england-vs-spain/player-ratings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/match/70165/engl ... er-ratings</a>

LOL. At least Goal UK was kinder.

Thought Parker was excellent tonight with lescott and jagyelka(sp) 2nd & 3rd. The 2fullbacks were really poor esp cheryl,s estranged ex who gave the ball away at every opportunity in the first 20mins

adrianr said:
His anticipation tonight was incredible. How many times did you hear "And Lescott clears it" or "And Lescott cuts it out".. ALL bloody game. Still looks far too uneasy with the ball at his feet for a footballer but did exceptional tonight, can take a fully deserved bow.
This. 'The Business' has taught him much.

x610.jpg

Parker played quite well but I was astonished that Lescott didn't get man of the match. Actually, I'm not. The media fucking love Parker, he could shit in the centre circle and the journos would be purring in admiration.

lancs blue said:
LoveCity said:
spurspinter1 said:
He had a good performance for sure, but at times he does seem a bit uneasy on the ball at times. That'd be my only criticism.

But he gave the ball away maybe once while "man of the match" Parker gave it away 7 or 8 times by my count. Parker broke up play brilliantly but when he had the ball after that wasted it time and time again, hence my objection with him being MotM. He had a good 7/10 performance but he was given MotM because he got stuck in and ran a lot, the two most important things for English pundits. He had a De Jong type performance without the composure that follows the tackle that is important in retaining possession. Lescott played with an intelligence you don't often see in English players.
Totally agree, Parker did well winning the ball but that's not much good if you promptly give it back. Lescott gave a master class in defending, his judgement of when to come out and challenge was perfect, especially in the first half when Spain were playing the 1-2s around the edge of the box.

^^This^^

This is what pisses me off about football in this country, so called TV experts creaming themselves over a player who`s just spent a hour running round the pitch throwing himself into tackles, the same way they do every time John Terry (sorry I mean "J.T.") plays for England.

This isn't a pop at Parker but bar the blood and guts attitude he offered very little going forward, contrast that with Joleon who looked more comfortable on the ball than any England player out there. His positioning was superb and very little got past him, not by throwing himself about but by staying on his feet making the opposition have to work to get past him and inevitably blocking the ball.

Never mind Joleon next time you play for England do exactly what you did tonight but the first time a ball comes towards you knee high, swan dive head first into the fucking pitch........

MOM nailed on !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.