lesser competitions

fathellensbellend

now that mancini has shown his contempt for lesser competitions i ask is it worth actually bothering to attend in the future.

is it feasible that city progress to say the last 16 of the europa league, but are also challenging for fourth, that mancini will then choose to throw the europa league in pursuit of the champions league spot.

martin oneill did the very same thing with aston villa, and from that day things were never the same for martin oneill.

i think as paying fans we deserve to know what the managers intentions are, as to save us a lot of time and money.

last night really went against the spirit of football for me, and actually left me questioning the actual point of going to future cup games.

i would sooner win the league cup than finish fourth, and i would sooner win nothing but treat the game in the right spirit rather than that insult last night.

modern football may be about pound notes to football clubs, but to the fans who travel up and down the country a shot at glory is all we ask for, if we cannot be arsed with that then whats the point.

fathellensbellend said:
now that mancini has shown his contempt for lesser competitions i ask is it worth actually bothering to attend in the future.

is it feasible that city progress to say the last 16 of the europa league, but are also challenging for fourth, that mancini will then choose to throw the europa league in pursuit of the champions league spot.

martin oneill did the very same thing with aston villa, and from that day things were never the same for martin oneill.

i think as paying fans we deserve to know what the managers intentions are, as to save us a lot of time and money.

last night really went against the spirit of football for me, and actually left me questioning the actual point of going to future cup games.

i would sooner win the league cup than finish fourth, and i would sooner win nothing but treat the game in the right spirit rather than that insult last night.

modern football may be about pound notes to football clubs, but to the fans who travel up and down the country a shot at glory is all we ask for, if we cannot be arsed with that then whats the point.

I completely agree with everything you said mate.I guees we need to move with the times and get with the project though.

fathellensbellend said:

Completely agree mate, I think you send this OP to the club and see what they have to say..........................

Absolutely. No bigger let down than to get inside CoMS and find that we have the reserves playing and we've just forked out five times the going rate for watching them. In future, the ticket prices from the CC should be £3 and free for STs.

Clubs charging top whack for Carling Cup games are a joke, it's like paying to see a top band and then finding out a fooking tribute band are playing instead.

fathellensbellend said:

I think this is right.

From the Official Site:

"I knew that there was a chance we would lose with six young players, but we did want to win. Saturday is more important, but if I had not so many players injured, I would have put out a stronger side."

Let's be clear. Saturday isn't more important to the fans. Finishing 4th is important, but a proper run in the Carling Cup would have been fantastic. It's more important to a guy who has to finish 4th or lose his job. So I think there's every chance he might make the same calculation with the Europa League later on, if the same circumstances with injuries arise.

He's not being honest when he says: "Saturday is more important." Losing to Chelsea (which most City fans expect anyway) will cost us a small bit of ground in the race for 4th, with many, many twists and turns in the league still to come.

"More important?" To who, exactly?

fathellensbellend said:

great post, i was thinking the same thing last night, if this is how its going to be i'll not bother in future, waste of time and money.can you imagine the team he'll put out in turin if the match is meaningless, now thats a whole lot worse that travelling to west brom and being conned.

fathellensbellend said:

aston villa did the wrong choice becouse they hadnt the money for buy the kind of players who go only at clubs that play champions league.

city have the money , and is a shame cant spend becouse isnt in CL.

hope that does not happen, but faced a possible crisis of injuries that required it to choose between Europa League and fourth spot then the Right Choice for City would clearly be prefer the fourth spot.

fathellensbellend said:

How would you feel if we start Zabeleta Kompany Barry Milner in defence & Jo and Santa Cruz up front in those games? That's a realistic possibility if we had picked up a couple of injuries last night (Vidal was injured - and Chelsea picked up 3 injuries)

We've lost points at home to Blackburn and at Sunderland because we've not had all our players available

It sounds as if Richards and SWP were pulled from last nights team after late injuries. They may have been enough to see us through.

A manager is paid to make tough decisions. You can't just wish an injury list away and pretend it doesn't exist. Would you have started with Tevez? Would you have played Toure or Kompany in defence? De Jong is midfield? Too big a risk given the games ahead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.