(Lesser spotted) Fan videos of City goals

youngbob

Videos of City goals down the years, shot from the stands, that maybe people haven't seen.

Look at these two. Great HD videos of two important goals from that 15/16 season, both with a very small amount of views.

PUT YOUR BLOODY PHONES AWAY!

Live in the moment, you only see it live once and then it’s gone forever. A video replay of it is nowhere near the same as being there in the flesh so enjoy the live moment and take in every single bit of it with your own senses at the time.

You can’t celebrate goals properly with a £1k piece of kit in your hand neither, so you’re detracting from the limbs.

In the singing sections (and I think my workmate who told me about this possibly also said away games, not too sure though) at United now, they have just introduced a strict No Phones (and other recording devices) policy. If you’re seen with any recording device out in these areas taking photos and videos, your seat number is reported to the club by other fans and you will get a phone call/email and you have to explain the reason why you had the phone out, and you can be relocated from the singing sections (think they have two now one at either end of the ground and they’re much bigger than before as they want to get an atmosphere back at Old Trafford).

This was asked for by the fans and then implemented by United.

Although, in a strangely contradictory way, they’ve also organised the singing sections to be filmed by static cameras in the stands to record the atmosphere. But I suppose that’s still much better than the fans in those areas themselves having phones out.

At Fabric (club in London), phones have been banned on the dancefloors since they’ve reopened after Covid closures. You will be asked to leave if you break that rule. This was asked for by the regulars and implemented by the club.

Many gig venues are doing the same across the country.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.