Let Me In

Bigga said:
slicky202 said:
i know fcukin hell. some people are hard work lol

Actually, I'm not 'too much of a critic', at all.

If you remake a film or dance in its shadow, you MUST embellish upon it or what is the point?? It's just another useless exercise in wasting money. The original shows the girl at her 'real age' at one point and it was entirely more believable than the remake that just looks like she got make up happy!!

There is an undeniable flow that comes with the ease of acting , coupled with the right editing pace, that makes a film what it is. If you bothered to watch the first (sorry cos reading and absorbing action is multi-tasking!! *tsk!*), you would know exactly what I mean.

Everyone beyond the 3 main acting protagonists fell away, including the director.

and thus you make my point :)

leewill31 said:
Bigga said:
Actually, I'm not 'too much of a critic', at all.

If you remake a film or dance in its shadow, you MUST embellish upon it or what is the point?? It's just another useless exercise in wasting money. The original shows the girl at her 'real age' at one point and it was entirely more believable than the remake that just looks like she got make up happy!!

There is an undeniable flow that comes with the ease of acting , coupled with the right editing pace, that makes a film what it is. If you bothered to watch the first (sorry cos reading and absorbing action is multi-tasking!! *tsk!*), you would know exactly what I mean.

Everyone beyond the 3 main acting protagonists fell away, including the director.

and thus you make my point :)

The truth is the truth. I haven't pointed out all the flaws as there are some redeeming qualities.

But, not enough to save a poor copy.

Had I have seen the remake first, I might have thought it was the best thing since sliced bread...

I watched it the other week, thought it was good.

I might watch the 'original', or I might not.

I've not been able to watch much recently as I've been glued to The Wire during my spare time. :S

I think the child actors stuggled a bit to keep it going when it was just them doing the longer scenes but overall it was good. I watched The Road yesterday and the same young lad was in that but I couldn't remember where I had seen him before until this thread reminded me.

Love_Each_Day said:
I think the child actors stuggled a bit to keep it going when it was just them doing the longer scenes but overall it was good. I watched The Road yesterday and the same young lad was in that but I couldn't remember where I had seen him before until this thread reminded me.

yeh the road is a good film. what you recon bigga? lol

Hey Barcon, make your own bloody choices (although heed my advice!!;) ).

As for "The Road", I found it 'interesting' more than anything else. It's odd to view a film that has just a 'middle' to work with!!

That said, that 'middle' is great viewing just for the voyeuristic value.

It's neither good nor bad, as a film, it's just... there, although I loved the determination of a father to keep going for the sake of his son.

Unusual film for me.

Bigga said:
Hey Barcon, make your own bloody choices (although heed my advice!!;) ).

As for "The Road", I found it 'interesting' more than anything else. It's odd to view a film that has just a 'middle' to work with!!

That said, that 'middle' is great viewing just for the voyeuristic value.

It's neither good nor bad, as a film, it's just... there, although I loved the determination of a father to keep going for the sake of his son.

Unusual film for me.

bigga, have you seen 'the headless woman'? it's an argentinian film

i watched it recent

the road is fantastic too, i cried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.