Let's get Blue Moon to Number 1 by Saturday

Johnsonontheleft

If we can get Blue Moon by The Marcels in the top 10 of iTunes it will be a monumental achievement and it will make more and more people sit up and take notice of our club.

Just download it from iTunes to propel it up the charts in time for next Saturday.

Can it be done??

Johnsonontheleft said:
If we can get Blue Moon by The Marcels in the top 10 of iTunes it will be a monumental achievement and it will make more and more people sit up and take notice of our club.

Just download it from iTunes to propel it up the charts in time for next Saturday.

Can it be done??

To get anywhere near the top 10, it would probably need about 80,000 to spend a £5 to download it multiple times. I'm in.

darryl28 said:
Johnsonontheleft said:

Can it be done??

To get anywhere near the top 10, it would probably need about 80,000 to spend a £5 to download it multiple times. I'm in.

any chance you've been viewing the oatcake?

This from Wiki
In the UK the number of sales required to achieve a hit single steadily declined in line with a general decline in single sales until the early 2000s, but have recovered strongly with the growth in official digital downloads; 2009 was a record year for UK singles sales.[2] Actual figures vary considerably depending on the time of year. In 2006 a number one single usually sold around 30,000 copies per week; sales of around 13,000 were often sufficient to reach the top ten, and a single selling over 2,500 copies could make the top forty.[3]

cleavers said:
adrianr said:
Make a cheeky announcement at the next home match. Job done.
Isn't that a little late ? For Saturday ? What happened to the idea of getting Boys in Blue into the charts ? (Facebook campaign)

Idiot alert, it is indeed. Sod it then can we not just make it end of season?

The BBC also has a subtle dig at us in the last paragraph........

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-13291654" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-st ... e-13291654</a>

darryl28 said:
Johnsonontheleft said:

Can it be done??

not me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.