Let's hear it for Edin Dzeko

He would of scored more goals than Bony that's for sure. Ridiculous decision to get rid of Jovetic and Dzeko and bring in Bony. However, the guy we have never replaced is Tevez.
Spot on. Edin has been the big miss and his goal record spoke for itself. Especially when he wasn't getting many starts. Gave us a different option too.

Dzeko scored some important goals for us, and certainly played his part in winning four trophies. Fair bit of revisionism going on with some though. The Roma fans aren't too enamoured with him either.

Miles better than Bony though, mind you.

He was good for a fourth choice striker, but his goal return was greatly improved by playing against the weaker teams or coming on when other teams were chasing the game.

Also if he played he played centre forward, and the other striker took a deeper role. I'm not sure how Adcock can be included but Oldfiled and Morley not?

He was a frustrating player at times. His first touch wasn't the best, and he usually needed 10 chances to put one away, but he scored lots of important goals for us when it mattered.

I don't have nightmares thinking about Edin like I used to with Gerry Creany, let's put it that way.

We've had some right shit at City over the years, but he is one of the better players we have had over the decades.

He made his contribution, and for that I will always be prepared to shake his hand and say 'thank you, Edin'.

Creaney was more famous for his Guinness exploits & putting his gum shield in the following morning at Platt fields....

My favourite player of recent years. Not the best,but my favourite. A nice bloke, did the business for us and seemed happy to be a city player. Frustrating at times, but those who think he's shit need to check his stats.

my dad always called Dzeko the "pudding" lost count many times i used to say the "pudding" scored again i must admit i liked Edin and like most players likes to feel loved his best campaign was Pellers first season when he told Edin how highly he rated him My fave Blue by the way Dennis Tueart

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.