Lets improve the game.

30 minutes in-play each way would improve the game massively
Why? They're professional athletes for crying out loud. 90 minutes of actual play should not worry them unduly.
As I've said many times before, ball in play, clock ticks. Ball out of play, clock stops. Time wasting then irrelevant. Substitutions/injuries/VAR reviews = ball out of play.
90 minutes play will become the norm. Park the bus all you want, but you will do it in your own time.

Teams we play against having the ref on their side

Sorry that already happens

On a serious note make the game rule more defined ie offside handball, and also 3 game ban for cheating/diving. How manys do you see players going down as they are shot.

Why? They're professional athletes for crying out loud. 90 minutes of actual play should not worry them unduly.
As I've said many times before, ball in play, clock ticks. Ball out of play, clock stops. Time wasting then irrelevant. Substitutions/injuries/VAR reviews = ball out of play.
90 minutes play will become the norm. Park the bus all you want, but you will do it in your own time.
The game would last about 3hrs if u did this

Really video replays of major incidents will go a long way. Add to that any player found diving gets sent off, 1 match ban

The game would last about 3hrs if u did this
I'll ask again, why? There's absolutely no benefit in time wasting. If the ball is out of play, the game is stopped. The only way you time waste is if you have the ball IN PLAY when the clock is still ticking, and it would be up to the opposition to get it off you. You'll still only have a finite 90 minutes, and you can't extend the game any longer,so what's the point? It won't happen.

I'll ask again, why? There's absolutely no benefit in time wasting. If the ball is out of play, the game is stopped. The only way you time waste is if you have the ball IN PLAY when the clock is still ticking, and it would be up to the opposition to get it off you. You'll still only have a finite 90 minutes, and you can't extend the game any longer,so what's the point? It won't happen.
Because if you stop the clock every time the ball goes out the time it takes to each 90 minutes is exponentially longer. I think

Ok, i have been thinking about this for a little while after getting pissed off with teams just parking the bus.

Howe could we change the rules of football to make it more enjoyable and to encourage teams to play the right way, The changes would have to be easy to implement and clear for everyone to understand.

For me.
1. 4 points for an away win.
2. The woodwork counts as part of the goal, hit the post or cross bar and the ball remains in play and its a goal.
3. Split the pitch into thirds instead of halves, You would have to have a minimum of two players in final third at end time.
4. Offsides only come into play once you enter the final third.
5. reduce the game to 80 minutes but stop the clock whenever the ball goes out of play.

If we really wanted to make a radical change i'd also have a big fuck off 20ft plastic pineapple on the centre spot and any team knocking it over loses 5 players to a sin bin for 5 minutes :)

Video referee and bring back the old black and white offside rule

Game clock to end the cheating that was "fergie time". There would be no point in feigning injury to waste time, or subs in injury time as the clock would be stopped. A deliberate foul should be straight red every time, "professional" foul my arse it's cheating ffs.
Video to be used for retrospective action because refs have been "selective" on what they saw or missed, but with the proviso that sky or bt have no input whatsoever. Trial no offside this bollox about "active/inactive gives too much leeway for the lino/ref to ahem, misjudge a call. Surrounding or abusing an official , penalty......., no ifs or buts. For penalty shoot-outs, have the ball on the edge of the area, not on the normal spot, much less predictable. The best thing for everyone would be a revolution that deposed the FA and it's utterly useless, london-centric members.

4. Offsides only come into play once you enter the final third.

How would this improve the game? High defensive lines and hence positive football would become a thing of the past, every fucking team would keep their defensive line between the 6 and 18 yard lines.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.