Lets see how old some of you are!!!!!

Blueranger

Bit of fun. Imagine City with the financial backing we have now at some point in history you remember with fondness. Then list the players we woukd have been after.

1982 world cup in spain still makes me smile with good memories. So we would have tried to buy

Zico
Rossi
Platini
Socrates
Gentile (Obligatory DM)
Schumacher
Breitner

Anyone do any better?

Blueranger said:
Bit of fun. Imagine City with the financial backing we have now at some point in history you remember with fondness. Then list the players we woukd have been after.

1982 world cup in spain still makes me smile with good memories. So we would have tried to buy

Zico
Rossi
Platini
Socrates
Gentile (Obligatory DM)
Schumacher
Breitner

Anyone do any better?

good youth side that:)

How about these;
'98 World Cup:
Zidane and Ronaldo

'02: Ronaldo and Ronaldinho

06: Cannavaro

Im 24 so my earliest World Cup memory was probably 94. But ill go for something different.

1999, the year we won at wembley is probably the greatest day I've ever had, and definitely my best footballing memory. If we were in the top division in that time and had our money now we would have been after the likes of:

Rivaldo
Batistuta
Figo
Zidane
Cafu
Maldini

Maybe even a cheeky bid for Beckham or Andy Cole?

In the early 80's I'd have taken Uli Stielike ... highly effective hard as nails dirty bastard Kraut defender ... you could get away with it then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.