Let's talk about corners

If you have a side of little, quick darting players you simply wont score many from corners but could we do better? I'm sure we could.

We should also leave Raheem up front when we defend corners
I've said this for ages . The bit about leaving raheem up front from corners.plenty of times we were away had he been left there. As for the corners themselves, only vinny looks like he knows how to attack one.

Dose anyone remember when under Roberto Mancini we were scoring from corners quite a lot. perhaps we should bring him back as a coach for corners to try and improve us on that score. When was the last time that we scored from a corner in the league I cannot remember.

Dose anyone remember when under Roberto Mancini we were scoring from corners quite a lot. perhaps we should bring him back as a coach for corners to try and improve us on that score. When was the last time that we scored from a corner in the league I cannot remember.

David Silva onto Dzeko/Vinnie/Lescott

We need to revert to near post corner when we put our two best headers of the ball at the front stick and scored a stack from the chaos so generated.

I read somewhere this week that Liverpool have scored 22 goals from set-pieces which is more than any other side. That sounds to me like it must be in all competitions. I don't know where City stand in relation to them but I have the distinct impression that we are not as effective. Can we be? Sides have different characteristics. We are not a powerful side, we are a very technical side,

I read somewhere this week that Liverpool have scored 22 goals from set-pieces which is more than any other side. That sounds to me like it must be in all competitions. I don't know where City stand in relation to them but I have the distinct impression that we are not as effective. Can we be? Sides have different characteristics. We are not a powerful side, we are a very technical side,

The other way of looking at it is the amount of free kicks the dippers get - a lot of which have been iffy to say the least. Law of averages as well as being pretty good at set pieces ?
Just a thought.

Watch the Trent Alexander Arnold Corner against Barca for the art of surprise... intelligence and genius

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.