Lets talk British

BoyBlue_1985

With boyata, richards, guidetti, sinclair seemingly Milner all leaving the club are being quite obviously pushed into the market for homegrown players. Sterling is reality, pogba is dreamworld but in reality who else could we bring it that would fight for a starting place
Not forgetting the fact that with clubs knowing this we will again be paying over the odds

Pogba ain't homegrown, he missed out by about 6 weeks or so. Bertrand could be a good signing for us in a position that is widely held needs strengthening. Ings, Grealish and Austin have enough ability to be squad players with the potential to grow into more, but signing any would be a risk. Mason looks good but not imo good enough to pay what Levy will ask. We don't need that many though, could be starting next season with Hart, Clichy, Lopes and Denayer all in the squad.

Ramsay
Walcott
Bertrand
Sterling
Kane
Schneiderlin
Clyne
Bale

Just off the top of my head really.
Who is attainable from that lot? I'm not sure. But they're players that could add something to the squad, or at least have the potential to.

Ah pogba you utter cock! Dont feel ings would ever get a game for us. Kane is Mr Tottenham or later to be known as New Gerrard. Clyne and bertrand are decent shouts especially as Zabba getting on a bit. Love to see Denayer get some game time mext season. Still dont think Lopes is ever going to be good enough for the squad but guess he could fill a spot for the season

I think we'd have signed pogba for any money if he was HG tbh. A HG player of his quality doesn't come along very often.

I also have high hopes for denayer, hopefully he can live up to the expectations.

Lets have a look at the british players that could improve us!

Scottish=none
irish=none
wales=bale, ramsey
england=sterling, stones
could only see us getting the last 2 mentioned time to bring through a few kids I think
angelino
lopes
denyear
inancheno

Trippier or Richards
Song (if we sell one of our current CM)
2nd goalkeeper
4th choice CB (last two could be literally anybody considering they can not play at all)

Home grown Hart, Clichy, Sterling,
Club trained Richards/Trippier, Lopes
2nd and 3rd choice GK + 4th choice CD, home-grown or club-trained. Obviously get rid of wright

P.S. Denayer won't count as a HG for the next season (only a year after), will he?

Last edited:
Kieren Trippier....HG + Academy trained.....3.5 million release clause and we can allow Sagna to leave who is on massive wages.

He can also be our version of Carvajal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.