Lewis Hamilton

yeah right, put me in a car like that and even i would win, makes too many mistakes for my liking

Before any of you negative arses reply to this, I am going to pre-empt what the reasons are you will put for not thinking Lewis 'The Legend' hamilton is not the pride of Britain:

1. The last lap was clearly a fix. (Glock slowed down on purpose)
2. He is not the best driver, he just has the best car.
3. He has been hand reared from a boy by Maclaren.

Here's why I THINK they are crap reasons (please note I said 'I think'. This is to highlight this is my opinion and I am not saying that I am right and you are wrong):

1. There were other drivers on the last lap that had the same lap time as Glock. He has an average car and did not have the right tyres on. What reason did Glock have to slow down? It meant nothing to him at all. Also, look at every other controversial decision that went against Hamilton over the course of the season. Despite all of this, he still came out on top. That's world class...

2. Last year, Alonso was meant to be a fantastic driver (possibly the best), but he struggled on a regular basis to keep up with Hamilton. And they were in the same car. Ferrari have had their own way for a long time now and their car is just as good as the Maclaren car.

3. There are loads of drivers that have been hand reared. Do you think Damon Hill would have made it to the top and got sponsored all his life if his dad hadn't have been a driver? No. But people never slated him for that! So what if people sponsored him. It meant he was a clear talent from a young age.

I know that I am going to have a load of people coming back to me saying that my reasoning is stupid, but to be honest I don't care. I am proud to be able to call Lewis Hamilton a Brit and look forward to watching his glittering career. Good luck lad...

How can you call Hamilton a great Champion, he's been champion for 3 days FFS.

Schummi, Hakkinen, Senna, Prost, Lauda etc were great champions, Hamilton has the potential to be a great champion

But lets be honest he also won beacause Massa made too many mistakes this year, more than Hamilton. TBH Alonso is the best driver pound for pound in F1 and if he gets a decent car who knows, I also think Kubica could be better than Hamilton. Next year will be a big test for Hamilton and I firmly believe he won't win it even at this stage, with the likes of Vettel, Massa, Alonso & Raikkonen etc.

He won over the full season. Yes he had a little luck at the end, or skill, but it wasn't just about the last lap.

Will never be as good as Juan-Manuel Fangio though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.