Liam Delap - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhavenjoe

It’s Boothroyd. Not surprised he didn’t call him up. Called up Brewster that’s done fuck all. Would’ve been a good stage for him to display his talent as well.
How did Liverpool get do much for Brewster.
The transfer guy at Liverpool committed daylight robbery.

decmancity

How did Liverpool get do much for Brewster.
The transfer guy at Liverpool committed daylight robbery.
You use your influence in the media to parrot 'Brewster is the next best thing' 'Best finisher since Fowler' 'Liverpool desperate to keep Brewster'. Then Sheff Utd backed with prem money and stupid management fall over themselves thinking they are signing the golden boy in u21 English football.

Straight out of the Jordan Ibe playbook, I am sure we all remember when we signed Sterling it was 'Ibe the better talent' 'Ibe will bench Sterling for England' and so forth. Enter Eddie Howe and 18m.

Add Solanke to that list also.

WallyA

He's not as big as I thought he was, which in a way is reassuring. One of my concerns with youth football sometimes is that a player dominates for the primary reason that he's larger and stronger than everyone else.
I can't remember where I wrote those but I had a checklist of things to watch out for exciting prospects and that was one of them, dominating through sheer size (Nmecha, Solanke etc).

On Delap, yeah he's a big guy, but he wasn't Solanke big.

Also, his numbers just dwarfs any tall U21 striker I've seen even if they were successful due to their size. And many teams in the U21 league have some big players, Southamptons defenders aren't that different in size to Delap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.