Liam Delap | On loan at Hull City

But he was guaranteed first team football and earns £190K a week now. He’s an England International too. His argument might well be none of that would have happened had he stayed with City.

To be fair to him he’s proven he was more than ready for the first team even at the age he left.

I highly doubt Sancho would have moved to Germany and effectively taken a pay cut with no guarantees. It wouldn’t surprise me if he also got a significant signing on fee too.
He certainly wouldn't have got guaranteed first team football here which was the major sticking point (presumably). He and his agents both would have got a big pay day moving but it's worked out for him so good luck to the lad. Surely we can stop going over old ground now, it's 3 years since he left.

But he was guaranteed first team football and earns £190K a week now. He’s an England International too. His argument might well be none of that would have happened had he stayed with City.

To be fair to him he’s proven he was more than ready for the first team even at the age he left.

I highly doubt Sancho would have moved to Germany and effectively taken a pay cut with no guarantees. It wouldn’t surprise me if he also got a significant signing on fee too.

He spent 6 months with their reserves/youth side before he was ready.

In every physical challenge he came off best and he could be a surprise sub when we are struggling to break down a packed defence. He is not intimadated by anyone !!

Would be great to see him get some minutes. Doesn’t matter that he’s 17, I think he’s good enough now to get some minutes

We'll probably go mostly false 9 which is where we'll miss Bernardo (much prefer a front 3 of Raz-Foden-Bernardo than Mahrez) but Delap should still feet some mins, likely as a sub.

I think this makes Torres that much more important too tbf. He'll need to adapt quickly given our injuries rather than working him in slowly.

Wonder if this is Palmer's chance also to get some mins until the international break anyway.

Since Sergio & Jesus are injured, Delap should start every game until he prove himself or show that he isn't ready this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.