Liam Delap | On loan at Hull City

Not seen what's happend but from memory it's certainly not the first time he's been sent off, seems to have 'red mist' syndrome.
Two of them were against Derby (his former club) and always seemed personal. He certainly is a handful though, even Pep has stated as much when he's training against the 1st team CBs.

Two of them were against Derby (his former club) and always seemed personal. He certainly is a handful though, even Pep has stated as much when he's training against the 1st team CBs.
Yeah i remember they were. He needs to sort that part of his game out if playing for us, fart and it's a card in blue.

Yeah i remember they were. He needs to sort that part of his game out if playing for us, fart and it's a card in blue.
I have watched Delap number of times before Covid restrictions, the last time at the Academy stadium on an outside pitch against Liverpool kids, he was very lucky not to see a straight red. I was on the line and very near the Liverpool management team, they were continually telling their two centre backs to " wind " Delap up. Unless he can control his temper he won't have the career in football his talent warrants

Doesn't sound great does it, lots of kids can be reckless early in their career to be fair but we won't know for certain for a few years, I'd still be surprised if he's not at least lower end Prem or a top Championship player, maybe a little too early to sure he defo attracts red cards but he's defo boisterous maybe he's just inexperienced... Liam needs to learn the dark arts the Kevin Davies type tricks of roughing up a defender and getting away with it by the letter of the law, he needs to become a shithouse windup merchant and control his aggression vent it in different ways, to make them react to him he could be the best at it a total nightmare due to his physicality, he should look at people who might be similar to Sergio Ramos and think you might be the shithouse mormally but I'm here to wind you up bigtime.

Shearer was also a master at it like Kevin Davies... although he was a master at everything when it came to being an old fashioned English centre forward, even if Delap drops off in the goals department he should at minimum always be a Kevin Davies type handful if he learns those tricks.

Liam just needs to focus on learning for now and reflects on his stupid bookings, if he gets to Balotelli levels of getting stupid cards all the time into his early 20s then he could go down the same path, never fulfilling his potential but here's to hoping he keeps his head screwed on and learns from his mistakes.

Not sure those players would get away with it all now either tbh.

Not sure those players would get away with it all now either tbh.

Not sure you got me I didn't mean outright dirty you can still get away with anything Kevin Davies did to rough up defenders in the rule book, he didn't really do owt violent that'd get him sent off he towed the line he was mostly sensible and he only had two red card in nearly 450 games, it's not cos times have changed either he was smart in his choices and was just a horrible handful, at many times he'd purposely make a Fernandinho type cynical foul that'd get him booked to help Bolton as a team, he was an artist at drawing fouls and a nightmare to play against shoving his frame into defenders and having expert holdup play, he wasn't great at scoring but was world class at what he did as mad as that might sound, for me Delap should definitely be trying to learn all of Kevin Davies tricks.

Davies wasn't outright dirty trying to injure people he just give his opposition defender's an extremely hard time, If Delap doesn't learn this he may end up being like Diego Costa or an even better example Duncan Ferguson, who was similarly an incredibly powerful super talented forward who saw the red mist at times, if big Dunc was as intelligent as Davies in his shithousery he'd have been regarded as world class, somebody like Kevin Davies wasn't a gifted finisher at all and it cost him any real chance of England caps, if he was around today though playing with two goalscoring wingers and runners from deep he'd be a very expensive asset, if somebody with a similar frame to Davies in the Prem learns those tricks these days with the rough and tough style and the way he held up the ball, those wing forwards along with darting runs from deep midfield that striker could help create lots of goals, it's crazy nobody employs his tactics I never really appreciated Davies for years as a neutral, saw him as extremely average at the time in many ways he was below average a very poor player but he had world class hold up play and was extremely intelligent, only really noticed how he towed the line later on but it became obvious to me in his last couple years that he's a dying breed that there should be more of his mould, any powerful forward who plays the same way as Davies and his intelligence, even someone with League 2 ability they could be a Premier League player just because of what they bring.

A goalscorer with those traits would honestly be world class.

Last edited:
Do we know what the 2 yellows were for, plenty of players get sent off for 2 yellows, I'd be more worried if they were both stupid, like kicking the ball away, or being an arse to the referee. If 2 badly timed tackles, I'd be less worried, but that's just me, not piling on a young lad for a double yellow card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.