Liam Delap | On loan at Hull City

Got the feeling from pep's press conference that he mainly sees Liam as making up the numbers during training and that he's nowhere near being an option to come on

I tend to think this year was probably his shot to prove himself and he's spent it injured. Two strikers coming in summer he'll stop making the bench at which point he'll likely instigate a loan or perma move. I think the best case is a loan where he smashes it and we can get 15-20 mil for him the following summer.

So unlucky this year though, he definitely would have gotten minutes earlier on if he was fit. Timing is everything.

If we land Haaland, after signing Alvarez, it's hard to see where Liam will fit in to Pep's plans. And sitting on the bench is no use to Liam at this stage. We could loan him out, I suppose. But I think his future may well lie elsewhere. Which is a shame. We'd all love to see him "do a Foden".

If we land Haaland, after signing Alvarez, it's hard to see where Liam will fit in to Pep's plans. And sitting on the bench is no use to Liam at this stage. We could loan him out, I suppose. But I think his future may well lie elsewhere. Which is a shame. We'd all love to see him "do a Foden".
Yep, as a previous poster said, luck and timing is so important and he got neither. Championship loan or maybe even sell him with a buyback clause

Or the signing of Haaland means we shift towards a formation with a real striker, and Delap becomes his backup.

Alvarez could play on the wings or as a SS/10 behind the striker.

Delap will become a true backup next season, having a world class striker besides him takes off major pressure and expectation for him. Haaland will takes all the pressure and expectation as main striker for the first team, while Delap can play as backup striker and taking his development nicely playing for first team.

Looks leaner now and ready for a loan to a top side in the championship to really learn his trade! Didn’t do Lane any harm.

Delap will become a true backup next season, having a world class striker besides him takes off major pressure and expectation for him. Haaland will takes all the pressure and expectation as main striker for the first team, while Delap can play as backup striker and taking his development nicely playing for first team.
Not if he carries on playing as if it's just him against 11.

Not if he carries on playing as if it's just him against 11.
Just cannot see him getting many chances under Pep due to his general demeanour.
There have been a couple of recent incidents that are not the way that Pep likes his players to behave i.e. controlled, professional and even modest in atitude.
He needlessly pushed an Athletico staff member during the "circus" that followed the late Foden foul and handbags after it. Compare this to Zincs standing over Phil to stop Savic manhandling him off the pitch. I think Delap would have got into a physical confrontation with Savic, if he was warming up nearby, as was Zincs. This would have indicated that City were as aggressive as Athletico.
Last night, after his goal at Leeds EDS he ran over to the Leeds fans and held his finger up to his lips, as if to say "be quiet".
Its a celebration that has been done a thousand times over. But I don't think Pep wants that response from his goalscorers. He prefers players like Sergio, Gundo, KDB and Rodri who just get on with it.
As frequently mentioned on this forum, he also seems to be involved with incidents in youth games that result in bookings or red cards.
I saw Ched Evans play a few games for City at youth level and also when he broke into the first team. He also, was used to physically dominating other younger players and sometimes struggled to control his emotions when up against clever, older pros. I hope Liam rises above the inevitable shenanigans that more experienced opponents will try to trap him...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.