Liam Delap | On loan at Hull City

I don't think that's always the case. I remember City were unhappy with Zuculini going to Valencia but he insisted because his mate from Argentina, Rodrigo De Paul was there, and didn't want Jack Byrne to go to Blackburn but he forced it through.

Ultimately they can't force a player to go anywhere, and if there's lots of offers (and I'm sure Delap got loads) the players have a degree of choice.
Yes, Tommy Doyle and his useless agent insisting on Hamburg and a coach who clearly didn’t trust him was a perfect case in point

I doubt City wanted the Stoke move, but ultimately his game is based on goals and developing his hold up play will happen naturally wherever he plays. I just think his Dad being there makes it a poor move and I am certain Burnley wanted him and City will have wanted him under Kompany's guidance. Long term this move might spell the end of his chances at City, I am sure the club will judge players that go where the club want with preference over those who choose their own path.

All speculation mind!

I doubt City wanted the Stoke move, but ultimately his game is based on goals and developing his hold up play will happen naturally wherever he plays. I just think his Dad being there makes it a poor move and I am certain Burnley wanted him and City will have wanted him under Kompany's guidance. Long term this move might spell the end of his chances at City, I am sure the club will judge players that go where the club want with preference over those who choose their own path.

All speculation mind!
If he bangs in 25 goals then fair fucks. But needing the comfort blanket of his dad’s presence might suggest a bit of a weak mentality?
That said he has had horrific injuries since he was 15 so probably understandable. He is still a very very young lad, people forget
And just to get a five year contract at City suggests his mentality is just fine
Just a shame he didn’t go with Vinny, he would be absolutely perfect for Burnley and score loads

All speculation mind!
A Burnley pal was certain he was arriving.

Oh well,decision made,first team football will benefit him regardless.Just a shame there was a seemingly much better option on the table.

All speculation mind!
Clubs in the Europa League in Germany, Spain and France wanted him for a year. Guaranteed game time probably the clincher
But Stoke are seriously shit and I’d put decent money on O’Neill being sacked by Christmas. Parachute money has run out and half their fans already want him gone

I do like to think his dad would have warned him heavily against the move if he believed it wouldn't be good for him.

If I'm Rory I'm absolutely prioritising Liam's needs to have his fitness managed sensibly, build some tactical acumen and get some competitive game-time over Stoke City's need for a striker. I'm not going to encourage my kid to make a decision that's bad for him because it helps my employer.

Stoke are a bit of a shambles at the moment. They've got decent owners who are willing to invest a reasonable amount of money but they're not throwing funds at the club and the quality of players has declined over the past few years.

Delap needs to be good enough to get minutes over their existing strikers - none of them are anything particularly special. Gayle's approaching the end of his career, Campbell has potential but has struggled to come back from a big injury, and Brown is an alright Championship forward, nothing more. If Liam can't get into the team over these guys on merit then he's nowhere near the standard we've been hoping.

I think the Harwood-Bellis loan will have given Stoke a bit of credit with us, as he was given plenty of minutes which was what he needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.