Liam Delap | On loan at Hull City

Haaland signing would have been good news for Delap. If we're 3-0 up at home next season, Pep could take Haaland off for Delap without having to change the system much, whereas right now it would be bringing off a false 9 for a natural striker.

The problem is Alvarez. I don't see Delap getting many minutes when we're still trying to integrate the new kid.

Haaland signing would have been good news for Delap. If we're 3-0 up at home next season, Pep could take Haaland off for Delap without having to change the system much, whereas right now it would be bringing off a false 9 for a natural striker.

The problem is Alvarez. I don't see Delap getting many minutes when we're still trying to integrate the new kid.
The first bit was my thinking, might see Alvarez integrated out wide at the start. He can play across the front 3.

Delap and Alvarez will get a lot of game time as they'll have to step up when Haaland goes to Madrid in 3 years.

Delap and Alvarez will get a lot of game time as they'll have to step up when Haaland goes to Madrid in 3 years.
I think Delano will go out on loan this season it’s not fair on him playing against 18 year olds and smashing goals against them he needs a challenge and this season proves that pep didn’t trust him and didn’t want to chance him

I think Delano will go out on loan this season it’s not fair on him playing against 18 year olds and smashing goals against them he needs a challenge and this season proves that pep didn’t trust him and didn’t want to chance him
Didn't trust him? Delap (notice the spelling?) didn't play until the start of February this year due to his foot injury. He also plays for the U23's, not the U18's.

Delap needs a full season to prove himself and is it not 5 subs next season?, it makes sense for him to get 10 minutes at the end of each match Haaland starts. Alvarez also needs to prove himself but that is not necessarily games where Haaland starts. 62 games is the holy grail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.