Liam Delap | On loan at Hull City

Can only be a loan now,unfortunately his golden chance (if was going to get one) has been decimated by an injury hit campaign.

I could see him doing a great job for a relegated Burnley.
I’d prefer a sale with a buyback option. I think he’d develop better that way.

Last night, after his goal at Leeds EDS he ran over to the Leeds fans and held his finger up to his lips, as if to say "be quiet".
Its a celebration that has been done a thousand times over. But I don't think Pep wants that response from his goalscorers. He prefers players like Sergio, Gundo, KDB and Rodri who just get on with it.

This Rodri?

rodri-celebration-rodri-slide.gif

I don't think Pep's ever had a problem with players giving it back. I also think you're reading too much into the Atletico thing.

I just think it's a mixture of bad luck with injuries and the fact that he's fairly limited. He's not the most technically gifted and isn't particularly quick. I think he just knows where the goal is and can physically dominate even senior pros.

He has a similar presence to Haaland but is nowhere near as gifted or athletic.

Anyone watch him alot last year? I can defo see hes put some size on post injury (not sure if be choice or just natural growth). Is he any slower, looked to have a bit of 'first 5 yard' pace last season ive not seen back in his game yet.

If he got loaned, he will never get chance in city first team squad ever again.

Unless he pull a Zinchenko, a very rare case and not even Academy Player.

I'm a bit torn on this,. I would have though he's got loan written all over him, but as Pep likes to integrate players into the system/press out wide. I'm wondering if they don't use Alvarez off the left and let Delap be a more like-for-like back up to Haaland.

I'm a bit torn on this,. I would have though he's got loan written all over him, but as Pep likes to integrate players into the system/press out wide. I'm wondering if they don't use Alvarez off the left and let Delap be a more like-for-like back up to Haaland.

I always think, Pep wants to bring Haaland here as assurance and take pressure of Delap next season. Last and this season he isn't ready yet mentally as the sole striker for our squad because he is too young, but now he can bring Haaland as the forefront and he can take all the expectation and pressure off from Delap next season.

I agree with Pep we can't put all hopes and dreams into a single player which is too young and isn't mentally ready yet, it will kill him early if he can't meet those insane expectation on him. Like Foden he needs to integrate him slowly and carefully to the first team.

“Pep wants to bring Haaland here as assurance and take pressure of Delap next season”

you seriously think that’s the reason pep brought haaland in?! Hahahahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.