Liam Delap - Ipswich player 2024-25

He looked a very limited player. Just a big lump who put himself about...in other words kicked anyone within range. In fairness he is playing for Ipswich.

He looked a very limited player. Just a big lump who put himself about...in other words kicked anyone within range. In fairness he is playing for Ipswich.
Ipswich have adopted a quite physical/robust approach in both matches of the season, so Delap fits in well.

No surprise. He was sent off twice in academy matches against Derby, where we signed him from. Seems a bit of a deadhead. Until he learns he will not properly progress and he is building a reputation that will be difficult to shake off. Kick City off the park, however, and no harm is done.
I was going to say the same, whenever we played Derby I think he got sent off and it always seemed very personal and nasty. He now seems to be doing the same playing for Ipswich against us. God knows what his thinking is or whether he's just easy to wind up to put him off his game. As for playing for us again? Not a scoobies.

I used to watch City kids a lot at the Academy getting admittance with a friend, who is a football scout. I remember watching Delap play against Liverpool kids.
My mate was a friend of one the Liverpool coaches so when we got chatting during the match I asked his opinion on City's players, he was very complimentary about Oscar Bobb but not so about Delap, he thought he had a very short fuse and very easy to wind up and I remember him being very lucky in that game not to be sent off.

That’s bollocks - in the academy his first touch was really poor at times and balls would just bounce off him. Now his hold up plays is excellent, and I’d argue he’s probably better at it than Haaland.
Now i remember Delaps first touch as being okay, with a decent skill set and good pace, but he concentrated on his Physicality too much as it was the easy option. That it what i saw against Ipswich, so not much improvement, you might have seen different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.