Liam Delap | On loan at Hull City

A question for @twosips maybe... is he any good in the air? In all the highlights clips I’ve seen, there isn’t a headed goal. He also went with his foot from Walker’s cross last night when he could have headed it. Is that a weakness, despite his height? If he has the ability to bury headers too then he potentially has everything he needs.

What a breath of fresh air! A Diego Costa type. An Alan Shearer type, maybe. Someone who isn't afraid to get physical and use his strength, as well as a deadly finish. That's not to say Agüero hasn't had an incredible career without being very physical, but it's a great thing to have someone like Delap in the squad. A tall striker who knows how to rough up the opposition's backline. Does anyone know if he's any good in the air yet?

Nice to see old fashioned centre forward play , definitely a plab B against a packed defence , if he can knock the shit out of defenders at 17 , cant wait to till he bulks up a bit :)

was just gonna mention the bulking up but you beat me to it, the lad will be a proper handful in the coming years, a great steal from derby or should I say professionally scouted

No, just that Aguero be more a sub option than Jesus and that Delap gets minutes as well.

Perfect way to transition from Aguero, he shouldn't be the starter even when fit, we need to stick with Jesus and use Aguero sparringly due to his age.

I simply want Delap to also get minutes while that's happening is all.
Nah mate dont agree, have to play your best striker.

He's a mean bastard, and I mean that as a compliment.

Loved his confidence and his swagger. You want a striker - even if they're shit - to believe they're as good as prime Thierry Henry. It takes some balls to even attempt let alone succeed with that finish - on a senior debut no less!

I do hope he gets some senior minutes this year. Hes clearly physically ready and there should be opportunities in a congested season. One thing he'll likely need to work on is reeling in that aggression at times. Its obviously a part of what makes him the player he is but on the flip side he looks like he can be a walking red card. Finding that middle ground and remaining in control will be key Looking forward to watching him develop.
He just got 90 odd senior minutes although he looked knackered at the end of it.

He does need to dial the aggression back from 11 to 10 however, he's only just come back from a 1 game ban. Excellent debut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.