Liam Delap | On loan at Hull City

A very level headed young fella. Good family , this lad could be the one to watch, expect lots of goals and a rapid rise through the ranks.

4 goals and 4 ssists in the first 5 U18 games. He'll play soon for our U23 team.

Seems like a tremendous forward prospect. Work rate, in the box ability, link up play, are all very good for his age. Really like the look of him. Curious to hear other's opinions who follow the youth players more than I do.

Seems like a tremendous forward prospect. Work rate, in the box ability, link up play, are all very good for his age. Really like the look of him. Curious to hear other's opinions who follow the youth players more than I do.

He seems to have everything you would want in a center forward. He also seems to have tremendous self belief too and there is an edge about him ( one that he needs to control!) Definitely one to watch and he will step up next season to the EDS even though only just 17. Hopefully he will also be in the pre season first team squad.

There is a decent route to the first team for a striker. We simply dont have that many and given the cost of a top level player we are not going to fill our boots any time soon. I wouldnt be suprised to see him in the first team squad for the cup games next year.

The chances of him being sold is far far higher than him being a squad player. We will simply spend to fill any gap.

Hopefully he is level headed and is patient, and looks at players like Harry Kane’s development, as he didn’t truly break into Spurs team until he was 21. He first went on loan to league 1, Championship and Premier League teams, was 20 before he started getting regular sub appearances for Spurs.
The CF position is hard to break into in the premier league, and it is worth noting Kane was not having to break into a Spurs side that was at the level that this current City side are at present.

If he is good enough there should be no barriers but the reality is he will probably have to wait at least another couple more years, and there is no harm in that. Next season I would expect Delap to play regular for U23 and, then looking at developing him on loan at Football League Level at a club where he could expect to get regular game time.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.