Liam Delap | On loan at Hull City

I respect that opinion, but I'm leaning more towards making him 3rd choice striker, especially with Jesus able to play LW and Aguero kind of injury prone, think getting him cup minutes would be massive.

Obviously it isn't necessary to do this, like you said, he can just carry on what he's doing and he'll progress, just think a potential huge leap can be spurred with my scenario.
I'm with you, we've seen it with other 'wonder' kids, Barker/Sancho spring to mind, there is a time when they need to have a go, if it doesn't work then fine move them back down to try again. Not trying them and training with the first team isn't the same thing.

Love for him to be on the bench this season and get to see him for 5/10 mins in a few games. But he won’t be anywhere near our bench for league games maybe the cup games.

Love for him to be on the bench this season and get to see him for 5/10 mins in a few games. But he won’t be anywhere near our bench for league games maybe the cup games.
Cup games is still perfect though, he just needs to get minutes with the first team, even if it is against weaker opposition.

The plus side is that it rests Aguero/Jesus in those easy games, don't need to waste their stamina.

Cup games is still perfect though, he just needs to get minutes with the first team, even if it is against weaker opposition.

The plus side is that it rests Aguero/Jesus in those easy games, don't need to waste their stamina.
It may be weaker opposition for the current starters but it would be quite a step up for young Liam. From the little I've seen of him I don't think he'll be fussed too much.

I’d like it if he’s given a chance before a new striker comes in. Shame about Covid and everything. If there was a proper pre-season, it would’ve been nice to see how he’d perform with the first team. It’s nice to imagine the club having their own Håland or Lewandowski before spending money on them (not saying he’s at that level).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.